Sign in to follow this  
Huma Dragonbane

OH MY GOD! THIS IS AWESOME NEWS!!!

hope that good things will come .. COME on japan ... air your stuffs in Singapore .... i wanna watch them first hand !! DON'T just TARGET your OWN Country ! 

Choose HK and Taiwan as your shopping destinations. For instance, there are at least 2 levels in Sino Centre, Mongkok, HK, that sell latest Japanese anime (VCD/DVD) and soundtrack. The 2 regions capture all trends from Japan very quick..........in a matter of weeks. The respective local publishers also generate magazines solely on Japanese fashion, music and anime trends. Every year in Aug/Sep in HK, there's a comic covention where U can buy Japanese/local comics and collectibles.

It's truly sad that a lot that is going on in North-East Asia is sorely missed here.

Thats exactly what I did. Anime DVDs are dirt cheap there, averaging about 10sgd for single dvds to 40sgd for complete series. It was pretty scary getting through customs on my way back though(1 backpack filled with nothing but dvds!). Thats why most of my friends prefer to download anime from their computers instead and burn them into dvds. Local titles are very limited and very overpriced. So I do not see online piracy dying anytime soon. I see piracy as a consumer response to exorbitant prices and lousy availability.

I remember having to buy pirated copies of movies like Saving Private Ryan and Platoon because the legit ones were not allowed to be sold here.

Edited by av98m

N3w : move over to HK quick    ...

Err if i had the money lol.giflol.gif

but i had more friends here .. so i stay here until i can get a stable saving before i move away but now i still studying so very poor LOL

I have not encountered issues regarding Amazon's shipment to Singapore but there are cases when the dvds were checked by the courier service (compliance to our custom laws?). Also, titles disallowed by the censorship board would be rejected if discovered. Make sure U only order titles that are appropriate for general consumption but U could squeeze in disallowed titles at your own risk. Finally, try to avoid the express shipping mode for the assigned courier service is very on the ball in checking your stuffs, if U know what I mean.

All region 1 titles are uncensored and we have very high success rate in shipping these to our homes. The risk is greater if U order Region 1 of a particular title, in which even Region 3 (censored) version is not allowed to be sold here.

mackie there a trick not to get caught by the customs .... hheehee ,, that what my friends and i did laugh.gif

Thats exactly what I did. Anime DVDs are dirt cheap there, averaging about 10sgd for single dvds to 40sgd for complete series. It was pretty scary getting through customs on my way back though(1 backpack filled with nothing but dvds!). Thats why most of my friends prefer to download anime from their computers instead and burn them into dvds. Local titles are very limited and very overpriced. So I do not see online piracy dying anytime soon. I see piracy as a consumer response to exorbitant prices and lousy availability.

I remember having to buy pirated copies of movies like Saving Private Ryan and Platoon because the legit ones were not allowed to be sold here.

ya very true about this ... but maybe oneday it will change for a better w00t.gif be careful the next time hor

but so far i not too sure why Japan haven't make any complains of anime being fannsubbed and allow it to be share in the net

but some funny comments from my friends they said that it a from of promoting their anime product to the oversea people ??? What true ??? but still one things to be noted Japan anime are target for their people only

O.o ya japan had lauch their 1 Gig internet speed yesterday ! w00t.gifw00t.gif

Edited by N3w_Typ3