Sign in to follow this  
acidboy84

MDR-81SL

the thing is mrd71sl seriously sounds worst(alot worst) than sennheiser's mx500, after i bought the mdr71, i was pretty devastated and sold it off some days after, reli disgusting bass and no clarity, so i doubt this will be much of a significant upgrade given that they say "signature nude series high quality sound", but then again they say u either love the mdr71 or u hate it

haiz ... is a new product ... Sony said they are imporvement from the "signature nude series high quality sound" but who knows how it sounds like .... unless you had tried .... it may sound much better ... right ... like the old saying says "don't judge the book by its cover" sleep.gifsleep.gif

Well lets wait until someones tried it laugh.giflaugh.gif

Sometimes, I really question the consistency of a product. I have 2 pairs of EX70; bought one pair (known as exhibit-A) when it was first released and the second pair (exhibit-B ) in a second hand package deal plus a pocket tuner.

The cables of these are very different. Exhibit A has much softer and flexible cable with a slight rubbery feel to touch but exhibit B is rather stiff in comparison. It becomes even more apparent when the cable of A is always straight while B becomes coiled during normal storage and use while on the go.

I did the same mods on both A and B. Soundwise, A never sound sibilant and the implemented modes improved its midrange and bass tightness. However, sibilance is still prevalent albeit much lesser in B after applying the same mod.

Exhibit A was made in Korea but I can't verify exhibit B because its packaging was not available. Looks like there's a deviation during it production life. Is EX71 suffering the same fate?

Edited by Mackie

The EX81 looks interesting; does it replace the EX71 line completely?

Someone must get the MDR-EXQ1, the Qualia brother of the N.U.D.E. series and compare to see if it's worth the US$150 difference tongue.gif

i have the EX71 whic is about 1 year old.. white color the silver thing is round, then i try to hear the newer version (the silver thing is sharp at bottom round on top) from a friend who just bought. i find that the newer version got more high and mid... sound better too... laugh.gif

Finally it's out. Anybody has bought it yet?

would like to inform you all its available for sale. i bought mine from V3 at sim lim sq. there are black and white versions. sound so far is crisp and good. smile.gif

How much did you get it for.

Is the sound better than MDR-EX71? laugh.gif

How much did you get it for.

Is the sound better than MDR-EX71? laugh.gif

i got them for $76.

they sound much better than the ex71. the bass is not so boomy now. the mid-range is more prominent now. treble is also clear. the ear hanger design also eliminates microphonics and i can listen to music without all that annoying mircophonics. the sound is a tab bright, but a little EQ should solve the problem. smile.gif