Sign in to follow this  
SoulReaver2662

Recommend Good Headphones With Decent Bass

I've been checking out certain websites...and i'm trying to decide between a few headphones. I recently bought the sony MDR Q66...but the bass just isn't good enough...my previous MDR Q55 AIR was better with the bass but doesn't sound as crisp and clear as the Q66....so i'm trying to find a good pair of headphones with a balance of both bass and clarity...or do they call it detail? im not sure lol

I tested the sennheiser pmx 60....the mids and highs were extremely clear....but i didnt manage to test the bass cause the sample songs didn't have bass at all. Any input on this model?

I listen to various kinds of music....from pop to jazz to rock to techno...so i would prefer headphones that can dish out some booming type of techno bass instead of the tight punchy kind of bass...and i'm only looking for the clip-on type or behind the neck type of headphones...which unfortunately don't have very good sound quality. I was looking at the Sony MDR G74 which is the neckband kind...but i'm quite afraid of sony now....with their somewhat muddy sound

Any help would be appreciated and sorry for the long post

Update: tried out the mdr g64 today....it was quite decent...compared to my current headphones....if the g74 sounds anything like the g64 or better.....i think i'll have to settle for it and forgo the pmx 60

I've heard that the dt-770 is a real bass monster but unfortunately it does not fit into your clip-on/behind neck criteria. Perhaps get a portable player with more adjustable EQ settings for bass?

I've heard that the dt-770 is a real bass monster but unfortunately it does not fit into your clip-on/behind neck criteria. Perhaps get a portable player with more adjustable EQ settings for bass?

thx for the reply....

the thing is...i already have an ipod which i believe is gonna be my portable player for at least the next year to come =s

Hi SoulReaver,

Apparently there is a review on headfi.org regarding the G74s,

Here's the link :G74

It is said to have "tight and huge bass"

Hope this helps abit..

Cheers,

Wil

Clip-on or behind-the-neck type headphones with decent thumping bass = Koss KSC-50, KSC-55 or KSC-75

As listed in the local headphones prices thread, try Hung Bros, SLS.

hey i've been looking at the koss phones available here....as much as i want the portapro....i don't think i wanna buy a normal headband type phone. So i'm left with the ksc 55....how does this compare with the g74? clarity and bass wise...taking into account that the ksc 55 is much cheaper and less of a hassle to carry around...oh and does anyone know the exact frequency response of the g74?