Sign in to follow this  
knuxed

AKG K240S

Hey Guys,I am from Malaysia and I would like to know the best place to purchase the AKG K240S with a custom made cable.Apart from that,is it posible to make the warranty a international one.Thanks a lot

I think hung bros at SLS do carry the K240s. As for custom made cable and the international warranty thing, u have to check it out with them.

Pls go to Asia Sound. i heard someone said that Hung Bro got their stock from Asia Sound, and they are authorized dealer of AKG, I think warranty is better. wink.gif

as for warranty, i doubt so. it doesn't even come with proper warranty card. no.gif

What would the prices be when compared to Malaysia's Prices,this is because Asia Sound is quoting me RM670 for it.What do u think of it,I really need to know.Thanks,Can anyone pass me the number for Hung Brothers in Singapore and AsiaSound too in Singapore.Can anyone tell me too the email of Asia Sound.Thanks a lot guys

Edited by knuxed

Emailed them already.Hope them emailed back

It's better to call. Very few dealers bother with email enquiries, speaking from experience.

In addition to that,do u know where can i Get custom cables done.I heard Hung Bros did them but when I called them up,they sayed no

Visit this shop LHS, 2nd floor Sim Lim Tower. Robert is the boss. He sells lot of parts and cables and will also DIY it for U for a small fee of about $10.

btw does anybody know how much the price of akg 240 in singapore?

I think I will just go for the K240 as the other AKG phones are just way too off my budget.Prob use the extra cash to get the Headphile or Zu Mobius cable for teh K240S.What do u think guys

I think you go and try if possible a few brands of cans first and buy the one u like best. Cable can wait. I don't think at this price range it would be worth it to change the cable unless the signature is absolutely so for-you that you can't find another cans with this signature.

U should allocate the major portion of budget on the core product ie. cans and only use the minor part of it on cable upgrade. Why? A superior cable with a less quality cans gives worse return than a superior quality cans with its own stock cable, much akin to buying Bridgestone F1 wheels for your Mini Cooper (admit it's an exaggeration but the point stands).

Besides if you choose the correct cans u can change the cable when you have the money, if you buy a cheaper one and change the cable now it would be more costly & troublesome to do a cans upgrade in future.