Sign in to follow this  
Cassie

Help appreciated in choosing new baby

haha speak of the devil...

My 868 died of the same reasons too, after using it for 4 years. I guess the wire broke at the junction when the main cablewire split to form the left and right wire cable.

The 888 is fragile in other ways too. Take care not to blast them too loudly as the drivers are unable to take it.

For portable use i only use in-ear bud most often.. First it is extremly easy to drive at low volume. second u dun need to up the volume so much to compensate on the outside noise. Thirdly , now most portable are much softer in vloume then portable in the old days.. Nowsasday a discman voulme 7 = volume 3 of old PCDplayer. Below $100 u can try EX71, EX51, Sharp 33 and Panasonic RP-HJE50. If u dun mind noise and hearing BEEP BEEP BEEP in the bus can try KOSS KSC75, KSC35 and SPortapro, portapro, PX100,PX200.. all are portable and foldable.

update: my e888 jus died, i wonder why. right channel no sound. this morning fine leh, dammit same symptoms as my ksc 35, mus be the wire broke

erm...yes I would think so. Some said it is as filmsy as the EX71. Give me 3 months and it will be spoilt too.

BTW, anyone has Sharp MD33? Wonder if it is superior to PX200?

For portable use i only use in-ear bud most often.. First it is extremly easy to drive at low volume. second u dun need to up the volume so much to compensate on the outside noise. Thirdly , now most portable are much softer in vloume then portable in the old days.. Nowsasday a discman voulme 7 = volume 3 of old PCDplayer. Below $100 u can try EX71, EX51, Sharp 33 and Panasonic RP-HJE50. If u dun mind noise and hearing BEEP BEEP BEEP in the bus can try KOSS KSC75, KSC35 and SPortapro, portapro, PX100,PX200.. all are portable and foldable.

comparing Md33 and PX200, which one has more isolation then? I don't want to hear beep beep sounds leh...sad2.gif

Both should be fine, its the low frequency sounds that most phones have trouble keeping out.

Edited by sigma

i own the PX200, it doesn't keep the beep beep away.. my panasonic and sony does.. party.gif

hi nakedtoes, I am more to the px200 now (yeah...finally). smile.gif But just like to know what is the perfect seal? Saw in other forums that the entire cans must be on the ears or smtg like that? I tried px200 (burn in one) and a brand new px100. Find that the former has more bass than px100 but muddier? Am I getting the right seal?

i own the PX200, it doesn't keep the beep beep away.. my panasonic and sony does.. party.gif

hi nakedtoes, I am more to the px200 now (yeah...finally). smile.gif But just like to know what is the perfect seal? Saw in other forums that the entire cans must be on the ears or smtg like that? I tried px200 (burn in one) and a brand new px100. Find that the former has more bass than px100 but muddier? Am I getting the right seal?

Don't listen to everything you read at these forums. What's more important is that it sounds good to you. There is no such thing as a perfect seal - the ear is not flat, neither is the PX200 designed to enclose the sound in the ear 100%. As long as it cuts off most of the extraneous noise and you can hear the music well, that's your seal.

I've tried the PX100 too and didn't like it. The PX200 is much better. As to the muddy bass, if your source has a loudness control or a bass boost, switch it off. Those are just artificial distortions. The PX200 has just about the right amount of bass, but limited treble extension compared to other more costly cans. IMO the PX200 is the best buy at that price point.

tongue.gif hey everyone, thank you for all your help! smile.gif I'm buying the px200 tomorrow and hopefully after burn in, it will help open it up a little. Thanks! smile.gif

happy.gif i was hoping u'll be the first to get the ATH-ES5 and let us know how it sounds tongue.gif

anyway the PX200 is also a good headphone yes.gif

PX200 required a bit of time to find the correct position/ seal on yr ear. The PX200 also sound better after burn in.. But dun expect too much isolation from it.. laugh.gif. Until now there izznt a compact yet good isolation headphone in the market guess V6 was quite close.... headphone.gif

PX200 required a bit of time to find the correct position/ seal on yr ear. The PX200 also sound better after burn in.. But dun expect too much isolation from it.. laugh.gif. Until now there izznt a compact yet good isolation headphone in the market guess V6 was quite close.... headphone.gif

true...never mind...guess it may not be that good to have so much isolation, esp when crossing the roads. smile.gif

happy.gif  i was hoping u'll be the first to get the ATH-ES5 and let us know how it sounds  tongue.gif

anyway the PX200 is also a good headphone  yes.gif

ehh, are you talking about EM5? Or is tehre really a ES5? Didn't consider that as Senn better in terms of bass than AT...read this in

http://www.macuser.org.sg/yabbse/index.php?topic=7653.0

yes there is an ES5 smile.gif its a new headphone from Audio Techinca, and the price is also within your budget, i think its A-T's answer to the PX100 & PX200

user posted image

user posted image

ATH-ES5

Edited by tropicalrips