Sign in to follow this  
Cassie

Help appreciated in choosing new baby

u should give the koss ksc35/75 a shot before finally deciding on the px200, initially thought of getting the px200 too myself.. but thank god i tried the koss b4 making my final decision, am enjoying listening to em now tongue.gif they both sound similar(according to pple on head-fi) and the only significant difference is that ksc75 comes with adjustable ear-bands(so as to get a more comfortable fit).. but honestly to each his own, if u like em px200 by all means go for it and u have the tangs voucher as well so that helps. welcome to sgheadphones party.gif

aiyah...din manage to see this message befoe purchasing px200. But if I;m not wrong, these 2 that you mentioned are open right?

Anyway, thank you guys again for helping out!

BTW, is it necessary to buy Burn in CD and play it to burn in the cans? If so, where can I get it? Thx again!

Yup, the Koss are open, and they leak A LOT, both in and out.

There is no need to have a burn-in CD, just plug it into any music, including FM radio stations.

burning in is just like seasoning the cans, as long as there is music its fine. Even if you don't want to burn in and use as is also can, just that burn in can help u reach its full potential quickly, besides usually before burn in the sound is unbearable to an extent.

I love it so far, though the bass could be stronger. the only thing I'm not happy with is that my left ear hurts after a while as the clamp seems to be tighter on my left than on my right. Anyone exp this prob?

I love it so far, though the bass could be stronger. the only thing I'm not happy with is that my left ear hurts after a while as the clamp seems to be tighter on my left than on my right. Anyone exp this prob?

one ear is bigger then the other tongue.giflaugh.gif

u'll get used to it after a while, i always feels like my left ear is hearing the music louder then the right ear...i think its the preasure within the ear that causing this, just need to hold your nose and blow to equalise the preasure lol.gif

happy.gif now that u hav a good headphone...its time to go down the dark path of...HEADPHONE AMPLIFIER !! panic.gifnaughty.gif

There are "no-so-expensive" and very portable ones around, like some cmoys. But if you are already happy with the sound, then it's not really necessary.

There are "no-so-expensive" and very portable ones around, like some cmoys. But if you are already happy with the sound, then it's not really necessary.

"not-so-expensive" & portable amps can be found where ? smoke.gif

I'm sure there are many DIYers here are capable of producing excellent cmoys for a reasonable sum. Or if cost isn't a factor, there are the Ray Samuels SR-71, Xin Supermacro as well as Porta Corda, which are all excellent portable amps.