Sign in to follow this  
sen595

hd 650 cable upgrade

I believe it was mentioned that the Cardas cable is available locally at one of the shops in Adelphi, use the search function. For Zu Mobius, try Ebay or Zu's website, not usually available locally. Same with Equinox, check out Stefan AudioArt website. Oehlbach is available from Meier Audio's website, listed price includes international shipping. Clou red/blue are available from Headroom.

I got my Clou Red from Headroom but recently they do not stock Clou anymore.

I bought my Clou Red for S$257 inclusive of UPS shipping. I ordered from Headroom and got it 2-3 days later. However people seem to prefer Cardas and the rest and I guess that is why Headroom no more selling already.

kk thanks, isit a big improvement over the stock cables?

To me, yes and I am quite happy with this silver coated copper cable. I have no big problems with its stiffness also. N@Z is using Clou Red also. I have no intention to change to other cables at this moment.

In my case I got the clou red (used) as a trade+cash deal from a member in Head-fi some years back so I got into it more because of the bargain involved. Luckily for me I ended up liking it. I find that (in my system) the cable changes the sound of the HD600 without changing the original character too much (the highs & airy sound remains intact). It sounds more forward than with stock cables & the bass sounds punchier (hence probably why I find the HD600 acceptable for rock music sometimes). This cable is quite stiff & makes it's presence known until you get used to it.

I defenitely prefer it over the stock cable. I too have no intention of changing it to other cables as well. IIRC either headphonecrazy or barradio has a pair as well on their HD580. Maybe they're willing to let it go? wink.gif