Sign in to follow this  
kenshinz

TV recommendation

My house's TV just died after 12 yrs of service, anyone has a good TV to recommend ? Preferably around 29-34", and under $1.5k. Thanks !!

One thing's for sure. Contemporary TVs will not give U a decade of service. Heard great things about Philips Pixel-Plus. Check it out.

I am using 29" Philips Pixel-Plus and the image resolution is really good. However it was about $1800 about a year ago. Also recently I found that Philips seems only offer CRT TV below $1000 but no Pixel-Plus and above $2500 with Pixel-Plus but either LCD or Plasmas. Not sure why they leave a gap in between... maybe no market for quality TV at the price range $1000-$2500?

Thanks for the recommendations so far guys, the Philips Pixel-Plus looks good, will ask my dad to check them out...actually I seldom watch TV these days anymore haha

Thanks....actually my TV miraculously resurrected itself the other day...must have known about us contemplating a new one tongue.gif

Anyway, i'm just keeping my fingers crossed that it will be able to keep on going till end of year...

It's just a respite and it won't last long. I believe the CRT is dying and very soon, U will see the demise of each of the RGB guns, resulting in 2-color pictures.