Sign in to follow this  
headphone2004

Cool New Panasonic RP-HJE70

theses phones are a bit bassy. so it should do well for bass deficient players such as the ipods. the clarity is amazing and the phones are sensitive. i could pick out slight background noises in orchestra pieces that i didn't hear before, like slight taps on instruments and so on. treble is good, not harsh or sibilant. i prefer this over the shure e2c and the e4c, as the shures do not have very good highs. overall clarity still loses to the ety er6i though. but the bass is more abundant than the er6i. the construction is excellent, metal all over. this removes the 'plastic chamber' sound that i've heard in most semi canal phones. the case looks like a cigarette holder. tongue.gif overall a good phone for the price.

its $175 by the way. smile.gif

Edited by DiGdUb

I like the design that allows you to join both ear pieces together to form a necklace when wearing it. Cool! Replaces the plastic tube case that Sony supplies.

I believe the extension is a mismatch rite? Its cord is also thinner than HJE50's.

I find the CK7 has better highs than the ER6i. I think the rich bass of the HJE70 muddies its clarity somehow.

Hey guys,

Someone in hardwarezone marketplace sells it for $140 only, with receipt issued. http://sg.hardwarezone.com/marketplace/vie...2&id=5850720091

DiGdub,

So how does it compare with shure e4c besides the highs?

hmm..i only like the e4c good with the sony hd5. i didn't like them with the ipod video or the iaudio m3. little highs to speak of. maybe its just me, cos i like to hear well-defined highs, which the er6i and some canal phones provides. the e4c seems to have a tighter bass, and the hje70 a little more boomy bass.

Edited by DiGdUb

I like the design that allows you to join both ear pieces together to form a necklace when wearing it. Cool! Replaces the plastic tube case that Sony supplies.

I believe the extension is a mismatch rite? Its cord is also thinner than HJE50's.

I find the CK7 has better highs than the ER6i. I think the rich bass of the HJE70 muddies its clarity somehow.

ya, the extension cord is a mismatch, like any generic extension cord that can be bought outside.

yea, the hje70 bass is a tad boomy, so i usually leave bass equaliser untouched. quite good for rock, but also suits classical well cos there are ample mids and highs.

Hi, guys.

I just got my HJE70s 2 days ago for $165. Using them with the smallest rubber pads now and after more than 10 hours of playing, here's my impressions:

Excellent construction quality and finish. Really like the aluminium housings. Looks fantastic. Sound wise, i agree with digidub they tend to sound bassy, but the bass comes across as somewhat grado-ish at times which is absolutely fun and enjoyable. Trebles are great, but the "S"s of vocals n cymbals tend to sound too bright and harsh. Depending on a person's tastes, this may be unbearable for some. Mids are slightly more recessed than what you'd get on an A900 (which is already recessed), but vocals sound nice still. I'll be using these as my porta pro replacement on the move. These are certainly better overall with more details than the PP but lags slightly behind in terms of sound stage. The other equally portable stuff I have tried in the same price category are the CM7 and CM7ti. While I didn't have the chance to compare them side by side, I think they are more or less equal in terms of detail levels, tho the CM7s lack bass and isolation. VS HJE50 or the EX71s, I think these are a whole league above them. IMHO, these are great semi-canals for their price (despite the hefty price tag, yes). While these have good sound performance, I'm glad they won't replace my more expensive cans.

By the way, it'd b really interesting to see a head to head comparison of CK7 vs HJE70, since the CK7s look really impressive too.

Edited by kkx2

It sounds anything but bassy for me. In fact I find the HJE70s less warm compared to my previous HJE50s. In fact the bass isn't quite as pronounced as the 50s. As another point of comparison, my old 888s sound bassier with a really sweet midrange.