fishball79

Do you have a loudspeaker rig?

Do you have a loudspeaker rig?  

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

N@Z,

Bose has touted itself as audiophile. Been to their 3 room marketing/propaganda tour at the SG's dealer's huge showroom... they say bose got imaging, soundstage, low bass, blah blah blah...

The rooms were very well treated and as you know the Room makes up 50% of the fidelity...

Yes they do have imaging, soundstaging & low bass but what they produce is something totally different from the norm. I wouldn't mind having one for the living room for when entertaining guests. Noone really listens unless you have a room full of SGH geeks! tongue.gif

For me, I need them all, speaker and phones.

I use speaker for long time background listening mainlly, say a whole saturday morning, ocationally for serious listening.

I use phones for serious listening, plus portable on the go and office.

I got one JVC ux9000 mini conected to my tv set for daily use. Later if I got my own house, I need to buy a HT set...

You see? You need them all tongue.gif

You will always got the urge to buy something as time goes by, stereo.gif and all my rigs are necessary, aren't they? yes.gif

i think Bose has certain attractions like its acoustic wave theory, multiple reflective wave design, acoustimass design for its satellite / subwoofer system, wave radio with low bass reproduction, etc to enhance selling points for its lifestyle products. However, my view is that most of them have been priced in such as way that the sonic value justification becomes a little bit more difficult to understand and compare.

i used to own and listen to 901, 601 and AM5 in the early 90s but have left for other gears after understanding the truths in the audio world....

My current set-ups are mostly old and pre-owned gears. Nothing to shout about but i do realise that a pair of loudspeakers (am still in stereo world) usually take up about 40-50% of the system budget / cost. This reflects its importance in the whole sonic value chain, but that is not to say the source is unimportant. On the contrary, the source, IMHO, is the most critical starting point in shaping the sonic signature of the music system. But its price declines rapidly as technology progresses. Hence, from value retention perspective, speaker system fetches the best value, although the qualiy of its build, material, composition and x-over play a significant role towards your price attitude. wink.gif