fishball79

Do you have a loudspeaker rig?

Do you have a loudspeaker rig?  

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I owned a klipsch promedia 2.1

Yeap.. it's good!!!

for their price.. can't really go wrong.. I dont' know why some people just refuse to accept that they are good. I used to see debatory between this 2 person , one defending klipsch one bashing klipsch. And he claims that klipsch has overbloated bass(but that can br turned down -.- )

but then again, I remember I clearly prefer my beyer +Creek combo back then when I had it. However, the headphone system costs me more so it's not a fair comparison ;p

Guyferd,

When 2 persons argue over the same product giving highly extreme point of views, it is really an argument of their experiene with the same product in different room, placement, musical taste and any personal bias!

Both are right in their own way but if you can see how each arrive at their conclusion, you're the winner.

that's kinda true man , fishball

so which do you prefer? the grado or the Aego? biggrin.gif

Eh hem... havent used Grados since i got the Aegos... Grados quite uncomfy after 2+hrs...

Unfair statement tho, cos speakers came when during exam period... exams still on till end of june... havent found optimum placing for sub...

Lets just say if i want critical listening i'd use the cans, everydya listening + games the Aego.

I rather listen only to Aego than only Grados.

wow!!!

how much does the Aego 2 cost? did you buy the amp for them too?

AE Aego 2 costs about $600+ in Singapore, not a good price imho. They retailed for AU$1100 but I found some brand new ones on sale @ AU$300.

They are active so $300 is for a complete speaker/amp package. It comes with speaker wires, interconnects, all the cables u need to get started.

woah!! If I can get it for 300, I would be happy liao lohh

but if it's really better than sr-225.. then it's worth looking out for. wink.gif

I personally prefer loudspeakers to grados and details isn't as important to me. The Aegos has sufficient detailed so i can survive on them lor. Plus grados are very uncomfortable for me after 2-3hrs...

I previously bought a pair of Sennheiser HD497 but sold it off after a week cos it's lacking in fidelity.

Unless you have BOSE speakers... they go pretty much anywhere & sound pretty much the same. Whether they are any good or not depends on your taste. As far as I'm concerned they make good background music.

nah, my living room is wooden, one side of the room is glass door, other side is an opening for the corridor. sounds sooooooooo bad. my grandma's room is alot better but too small, so it sounds a little muddlied.

was listening sony 333es sacd player, ME240 integrated amp, and equinox solstice. the latter 2 are australian products.

A BOSE system would be perfect for your room! Har! Har! You won't notice either way!

N@Z, what is this mysterious bose system you keep talking of? ohmy.gif

bose lifestyle? lol.gif !!!

I agree... grado has very good detail but not that comfortable, compared to other cans, say beyer sleep.gif

Yeah, any of those mini sattelite speakers with the sub woofer combo. It actually sounds impressively weighty & goes loud but there is no imaging & soundstage is all over the place due to the reflected sound theory.

to a newbie it sounds awesome !! lol.giflol.gif !!

It is after all a 'lifestyle' product. I have to concede that it is a very well made product & does the job that it is intended to. So it was somewhat of an unfair comment as they don't tout themselves as an audiphile unit.