vii_haven

how much for a Shure E5/E5c? where?

Nakedtoes, could you help in explaining the typo error?

Ron>The westones are not generally lesser. They are really priced very competitively with the Shures. The local distributor here in tokyo retails them for abt SGD$690. If compared to the original retail for shure E5c, it's cheaper but then if you got someone selling the E5c for SGD$560...humm.... Btw, have you ever tried the westones?

No, I have not tried the Westone UM2 but I am also looking to buy them at a later time, thus the interest. There is this guy selling the UM2 (new) over ebay for C$349, which works out to approx $460, without shipping charges.

http://stores.ebay.ca/Marcopoloca_W0QQsspagenameZL2QQtZkm

The reason why I would probably get them instead of the Shure is because they are cheaper, the cables are more manageable than the Shures and their sound are somewhere between the E5 and the Ety 4p.

Not sure why the UM2 are selling for $690 in Toyko. You can get them almost anywhere over the internet for US$329 or S$540 easily.

Edited by RonTheMan

Everything that comes into japan are heavily taxed. Especially so if the item is only distributed without a local HQ. I think this is the case of Westones. There is only ONE distributor. That doesn't help one bit. yucky.gif Even the Etys are cheaper here then what I can get on the internet. I have not done any checkups on the westones as I thought they somewhat look cheap as compared to the E5. Perhaps you get one pair and then give me your review on it? biggrin.gif I hate their box. hahaha... You should look at the Shure E5 version.

Besides the Westone UM2, I am also considering the Etymotic 4p. Still undecided. I will take a look at Shure E5 as you advised first. Most important task now is to get my wife used to the idea of a $400 earphone! biggrin.gif

There is a huge difference between the E5 and the ER4P. It took me a while to get used to the signature sound of the E5 but the ER4P was an instant hit because of the detailed resolution. For starters I would suggest the ER4P/S. Details alwasy is easier to look for and understand rather than decays and rounder mids.

No, I have not tried the Westone UM2 but I am also looking to buy them at a later time, thus the interest. There is this guy selling the UM2 (new) over ebay for C$349, which works out to approx $460, without shipping charges.

http://stores.ebay.ca/Marcopoloca_W0QQsspagenameZL2QQtZkm

Think I have enquired about the shipping before... If I can still remember, the shipping cost to Singapore is C$50

Well add Shure E4's to the fray, Jude (Head-fi Admin) says they beat the E5's flat and challenges the ER4's.

Yeah, he seems very enthusiastic over it and the black e4 shure look sexy! Will have to wait till mid of next month before they release the e4 series.