Sign in to follow this  
paingod84

where to find those proto boards? (for cmoy)

im halfway done wif a blank board.. and i dun haf a feeling it's gonna work. bloody messy. so where do u guys get these boards wif e suitable patterns..?? (like e one at tangentsoft..)

Edited by paingod84

You can try space electronics (they have a few shops there) I have seen a "similar" one, you may want to check that out.

IMO however a protoboard is easier than Tangent's tutorial (don't get me wrong, it is extremely educational). If you can get Jason's A47 board please do, it is noob proof... Okay apparently not so, I blew up 2 OPAMPs. innocent.gif

yeah, that's a gd idea... i been meaning to do that actually. just havent got around to finding e rite thread and find out how to post orders.

ok.. thing is, i've already make 2 attempts.

however, both ways, i got a faint, scratchy (yet i can make out enuf and i find it's distorted and i think it's clipping too) sound coming out of my basic cmoy running on an njm4556ad. does this haf anything to do wif e particular op amp itself... as in... its not suitable for a cmoy.. i dun have a voltmeter but i tested the output wires around the circuit.. realised that the sound, if connected directly to the input lines... sounds perfectly normal (as in when i listen just directly from my zen.) but put it back where its supposed to flow.. i.e thru e whole circuit, im getting like less than a quarter of the volume.. plus all that bloody distortion.

initially, my 2nd attempt was done because i thought there was prbly lousy connections.. my 1st attempt had the aforementioned symptom plus e fact dat only e left channel worked. basically my ground lines (and most of my other wiring) were just solder leads running from point to point.. so could this be the problem? ooh.. it's so sickening. haha. and yet. its the challenge dat keeps me interested.

hmm jason... i'll get a board from ya? hmm.. so how do i go about collecting it frm ya..? but meanwhile watever it is, i'm still determined to get this circuit working. so god help me smile.gif (and appreciate more advise from u guys)

wow. ok... how do u blow up opamps? haha. any tips so dat i dun get hit? (especially not wif e OPAs.. once i get my hands on em..) btw im sure someone around here mentioned a serena frm slt b4 rite. haha. btw dat's my gd fren's sister. lol.

ok.. wat does the term point to point soldering mean.. issit u tediously etch ur lead onto e board so it looks kinda like --o--o--o--o--o? and if so, how u manage to link em up, and not get e lead blobbing up and covering e holes anyway? mine would just turn out as a whole blob linking 2 holes together. and not to mention covering em up as well... therefore defeating any purpose. haha. sheesh. argh i need an apprenticeship man. lol. any of u guys stayin around hougang? hehe