ablaze

Stereophile's review of a .....

Why am I not surprised you posted this ablaze tongue.gif

But you know what, I wouldn't mind the 'Convergence' bit. Carry everything on a laptop. Phone, multimedia, yada-yada... & all not compromised in performance.

How soon can we see something like this at 'affordable' prices?

A very good point ablaze! It's pathetic isn't it, high price as a precursor to audiophile grade.

anyone has a friend with an $80,000 system that sounds like crap?

i do.......and my friend thinks he's go the best hifi system in the world because of what he paid for it....haw haw haw...me ....i got a homemade tube amp, peanuts for the front end and mini monitors - homebrew cables - nothing much but i use these to clean my ears and restore my sanity after having to listen to my friend's eighty thousand dollars hi fidelity seestem..heheheheh. tongue.gif

earbleeders....probably a mismatch - maybe the krell amplification is the cause of it smoke.gif

Hethen... may lightning strike on thee who scorne the exhalted KRELL! rolleyes.gif

I just sniped this card, new and sealed in the box, from Ebay! woohoo! party.gif

sniping's really exhilarating man. hehe. you never know what the other snipers will bid until the auction closes. and EVERYTHING happens in that last few seconds. thrillingly addictive! w00t.gif

the cheapest I saw online was US$359. can't beat this ebay deal man wub.gif

you bet I will. man..after that stereophile review, I have the highest hopes for this card man. it'd better perform rolleyes.gif

Congratulations ablaze. So it's not just your avatar that's swelling right now! laugh.gif

So what would be a good sound card for the Apple Powerbook or is the standard fitted on it is good enough?

I guess for a laptop, pci cards are out of the question. and the only cards available are external ones, either firewire cards or usb cards. There's the audiophile USB by M-audio..and the Echo Indigo seems like an often mentioned card for laptops. its PCMCIA or something (heh, I prob got the acroynm wrong there tongue.gif)..

plenty of reviews, check it out smile.gif

Specifications:

Type II Cardbus interfaceStereo Headphone Output, 1/8†mini jack (x2)

Supports true 24 bit, 96kHz audio

High quality digital to analog converters

Motorola DSP

High quality headphone amplifier

Analog volume control knob

Greater than 111dB Dynamic Range (A-weighted)

Better than 0.003% THD+n @ -3dBFS, 1 Vrms output level

Frequency response of 10Hz – 22kHz, ±0.25dB

Windows: Supports WDM, Wave/MME, DirectSound, ASIO, and GSIF

Mac OS X: Supports CoreAudio

http://www.echoindigo.com/

Thanks man... knew I could count on you for lightining speed response!