Sign in to follow this  
idkfa

New Audio-Technica Inner-Ear ATH-CK5

Interesting new in-ear phones from japanese maker audio technica - ATH-CK5.

Spotting a newly designed loop system that is supposed to prevent the earphones from coming off easily. Claiming more grip and better holding with that extra joint.

Following trends, now they come in three different colors, black, red and white.

Included in the package are three different sized sleeves. S,M & L.

11.5mm driver unit, impedance at 20 Ω, 104dB/mW, 50cm cable + 1m extension cable.

Priced at 3675yen, not so cheap. Retails from May 20th.

I am intriguied by the plastic. The logo/sign on the earphone clearly suggests a cheap imitation of the Sharp MD-33s. I guess it all started from Stax's Alpha series. happy.gif

Wonder if I'll spend my money on this tupperware. =]

post-2-1114438260.jpg

Edited by idkfa

I think these are only released in japan. Costs about SGD$60!! for this. I rather my money on a sony or sharp. LOL.

Its SGD$55 only. Saw it last week at Stereo Causeway point, sooner or later CD rama would have them too since they carry audio technica too.

Edited by Yon

I saw them today and I must say that they are the ugliest canalphone I've ever seen. I beg you guys to spend your money on something else. I personally rather buy 50 oackets of m&ms. LOL.

Honestly, the plastic finish is not as good as shown in the picture. Imagine a pirated tamiya car model kit. Initially I thought it was rubber finished. No No. wink.gif

anyone interested in gettin a brand new model (pearl White)? i'm dealing it at SGD 45. anyone interested drop me a message. thanks