adhoc

where to find tubes in singapore?

hello all,

just a simple question:

where can i procure 6AS7/6080 or 6SN7 tubes in singapore?

regards,

aaron

EDIT: also, any impressions/opinions on any tube in particular would be very welcome!

Edited by adhoc

Well, there are two shops in Bencoolen Street, Burlington Square selling tubes,

Martin Electronics

#01-47 , Tel - 63364420

and

Well Audio Lab

#01-123, Tel - 63380368

Im sry but i have no experience with the above tubes, but i did tube roll my Cayin HA-1A to Mullard 4004/4003 and JJ / EI EL84 Tubes...

More info can be found in this thread -Tube rolling the Cayin , courtesy of Mackie!

Hope this helps a little...

Hi Adhoc

I'm not familar with the 6AS7, but 6SN7 yes. Wil has already provided you with the sources.

Each tube has its own characteristics, but the one's which I prefer are the Sylvannia VT231. Frankie at Well Audio may also have some other exotic tubes which are interesting. Checkout those with the brown base. I hope you don't need many of these as they are expensive.

If you require a lot, I would instead consider current production by EH 6SN7, which actually isn't too bad. There is a lot of hype about NOS, some are good, some just don't cut it. Not everything NOS is good.

Which amp are you using it for?

eddie current hd-25. uses 1x 6SN7 and 1x6AS7/6080. happy.gif

fwiw, i already have managed to procure NOS raytheon and kenrad vt-231s and 1 of the famed sylvania 6sn7 brown bases (1952 vintage) - 3000/3050 and in mint condition! 252 date code. w00t w00t! party.gif

Edited by adhoc