Sign in to follow this  
wil

Reply from Sony Singapore

this is sort of sad. it seems its only the US market thats going to get the chance to experience these headphones. the price of the SA1000 puts it in good competition with the hd555's, looks like i'll have to wait and see....... and to think i was thinking of getting the xd200s (till my uncle told me that they didnt have stock)

Well...you can always buy it direct from Japan or any of the overseas online stores.

For warranty/servicing work you'll have to send them overseas to the online dealer or Sony Japan. Not a big problem, unless you're unwilling to pay shipping costs.

Reminds me of my experience with Seiko. I own one of their professional series diver's watches which Seiko Singapore refuses to bring in (only available in Japan, like the high end Sony headphones). I purchased it from a Japanese dealer online and had to ship it over to Seiko Japan (the local Seiko service centre refused to touch it) when I needed the o-ring/gaskets changed after a couple of years. Customer service was in fact excellent(communication was via email) and turnaround time was only about a week. I've never had that kind of service from any local service centres lol.

It's no surprise that our service industry is still a far cry from HK's and Japan's. But I think some might be apprehensive about shipping expensive items overseas for repairs.

Edited by Absolute0