Sign in to follow this  
Guest starushz

Grado or Alessandro

Guest starushz

Hi guys, im intending to get a new headphone as a 'present' for myself. Im currently using a portapro. After much searching ive pinpoint to 2 models. The SR80 and MS-1.

Which one is more suitable? I've a preference for bass and highs that are not too shrill. How's the 2 model compare to the portapro?

Thanks in advance

Guest starushz

Also anyone purchase from the Alessandro website before by credit/debit card? I've emailed them but they never reply one..so isit safe to order throught them?

i tried the grado sr-80 at a shop in woodlands, other than the thick cable i have no complaint. But that's just me. happy.gif

Get the MS1. It's supposedly the inbetween of the Grado SR80 & SR125. Either one you get, it'll be a distinct leap from your KOSS.

Dun mean to be rude, but the portapro's not a really good comparison. Koss are bassheads. Grados rock hard, but not the "badaboom" kinda cans IMHO. happy.gif

Guest starushz

yah the koss is a boom box . Took it over the px100 the last time cos it sounded warmer.

BTW seems like alessandro dont reply to email much...sent out 2 liao..still no reply...hmm...dnno order by debt card safe anot..wiat deduct the amount but never send out and worse still send email never reply. Damn scary sia

I think they get tons of mails everyday. Furthermore, they are not a large corporation. I think it's only fair to wait for a week or so? Do check out the Head-Fi forums to ask ard if people's gotten from them. I think they are perfectly trustworthy.

I'd second idkfa, many have had dealings with Alessandro without problems, so no worries. But if you find it too much trouble (and also costly) to get Alessandro's shipped all the way from the US, or Taiwan for that matter, you might want to consider the SR-80, which are excellent rock cans as well in their own right.

So for those who have personally heard both of them, which is better? If say both are available in Singapore. wacko.gif

Never heard Alessandro, but I do like SR80 cool.gif It has the RS-1 color, only less resolution and refined sound of the RS-1. But for common ears, the difference is little. So for the price and sound, I highly recommend SR-80 happy.gif

My2Cents wink.gif

From a after sales service prespective get the Grado SR-80 as there's an agent in singapore (MBD at 2nd level in Adelphi).

From a performance prespective it's subjective as there will be some who prefer one over the other (if there is indeed a difference at all to begin with ;-)

From a warrenty prespective - it's a no brainer (international warrenty with local agent (grado) vs warrenty direct from Alessandro which I assume will be shipped back to Grado in the US)