Sign in to follow this  
variablefeedback

what is the audio output chip in Creative Zen?

There's quite a bit of "substantiated claims" we are looking at, if you just google around for the comparisons between iPods and other DAPs by people who have owned them all and have no vested interests whatsoever.

I personally own a 3G iPod and although I don't swear by it as the best DAP around, it's certainly an excellent portable player which has quite a few advantages over other DAPs I have come across.

It's of course good to support local enterprises but not to the extent of doing so blindly even if it's on this day when nationalistic feelings run high laugh.gif. Anyhow, I'm confident too that Creative will give Apple a good run for their money, and I look forward to the success of Mr. Sim and crew!

ppth.gif ok ... thanks for the opinion, BUT, I still need to know theoem audio chip p/n for Creative Zen ... haiz ... need to find a suitable replacement.

Guess i have to open it up myself and keep it a secret then ...

May be not ZEN, i think will try modding my Jukebox first, while fixing the harddisk. Just accidentally drop it from height of 15cm, and the harddisk is gone, this explains well the quality of creative product. Well, i have no complain bout it coz i got it at merely 99bucks.wahaha

You can forget about it. They are mostly BGA package and you need costly equipment to mod it. Unless you can spend 30 to 40k... biggrin.gif

I think I'll prefer to mod speakers and sound card.

IMO, both the iPod and Zen have their faults. I've seen quite a few 3G ipods crash frequently for no apparent reason (age?). My Micro also stalls sometimes (fortunately correctable by removing the battery). It all comes down to preferrence, I suppose. For me, I go Creative, cause I consider sound quality over looks. Can't wait for their said implementation of their new X-Fi into their DAP lines.

Zen Vision:M is 25mW/ch @ 16Ohm impedance if I remember right, and I don't know about the 5G iPod, but if its the same as the other HDD iPods go, it should be 55mW/ch @ 16Ohm impedance and 30mW/ch @ 32Ohm impedance.

Zen Vision:M is 25mW/ch @ 16Ohm impedance if I remember right, and I don't know about the 5G iPod, but if its the same as the other HDD iPods go, it should be 55mW/ch @ 16Ohm impedance and 30mW/ch @ 32Ohm impedance.

Well, maybe yr right man .... Zen sounds softer than other MP3 player I know ...

Creative gonna implement X-Fi into their DAP lines?

Got link? I wanna read!!! w00t.gif

they said this at one PC fair. Can't remember which one though, was held at Suntec. I heard there was a prototype of the Zen nano with this Xfi technology.