Sign in to follow this  
haxyer

mp3 players

x5 is not available in sg i guess

x5l is available, 30+hr batt life.. 30gb.. 550++ i last saw at merdeka..

many people seem to swear by iaudio but i find it a little bulky decided to go for a smaller h-10 laugh.gif

"L" versions iAudios are simply longer battery support versions of their MP3 players. The former Audio M3 also features the "L" version. Of cse more expensive. happy.gif Other than that, they're simply the same. But do bear in mind that the iAudio players need to connect to an adapter before they can go Line-Out. Irivers don't need to. They already have a built in Line-Out.

I had the to make e same choice as you, and i chose the x5l over the h320s. One reason being that the x5l is a newer model, and i just didn't want to spend the same cash over an older model

sound wise i didn't try either before buying, i scouted around and realised that sound wise both aren't shabby.

i also chose the x5l because i think it looks much better. h320 is really ugly

you could probably consider the samsung yh-j70. its 30gb and only taller than the sony hd5 by about 1.5 cm. it is comparable to the x5, except no flac, but the samsung has a 9 band eq.

Zen Micro!! Haha, only joking. By the way, has anyone got around to testing the Nano's sound? I read somewhere that the Nano uses a different DAC than the previous generations.

the samsung has a lineout on the docking station that is provided. the samsung costs sgd680 in singapore. the x5l i'm not so sure.

i got it from best denki. now harvey norman and best denki stores all got sell the yh-j70. as far as i can tell, the white version is 20gb, the black one is 30gb.

the site you mentioned is cheap indeed! i bought mine 30gb at $679, they selling $609. quite a good good bargain.

i am looking to buy a mp3 player and currently thinking of this 2, which one do you guys think is better ?

I had the H340. I would recommend this MP3 no doubt that the look very aweful to some but the sound is one of the best. rolleyes.gif