Sign in to follow this  
ed520

Recommendations for clip-on type/in-ear earphones

I'm new to this and have been using the original earphones from my ipod. looking to replace them with clip-on/in-ear type of earphones. Any recommendations for gd ones which work well with the ipod mini. my budget is ard $100+-

i heard that clip on types won't give gd sound isolation and it always seems too far from the ear. is it true? if so then i will go for in-ear kind

Edited by ed520

Tell us a bit more about what you find wrong with the original earbuds. Fit not so good? Need more islation? Anything specific about the sound that you don't like or want to improve upon? What sort of music do you like to listen to?

the original ones have poor fit and always seem to be falling out. isolation is ok. sound is crappy....lack of bass and no clarity at all. i listen to vocals, jazz and some classicals rolleyes.gif

It's true that clip-on doesn't give ideal isolation but I use Koss KSC-35 (not available anymore) and Koss Ksc-75 while on the move. I highly recommend the latter. Do a search on the forum as we have discussed it on another thread. It wouldn't even cost you $50! However, price is not a barometer of sound quality, performance is!

for in-ear types within S$100, i suppose there are 3 popular selections

-sony MDR-EX71

-panasonic RP-HJE50

-sharp HP-MD33

There is also this creative in ear E630 which is a clone of the MD33 which is selling at $40++ at sale

Edited by nakedtoes

Would like to check what's the sound difference between Sony EX51 versus EX71. I only know that EX71 comes with an extension phones cord.

Thx

we300b