feather

Buying from Earphone Solution

Hi guys, I'm about to make an online purchase from Earphone Solution. Looking to get a pair of Westones UM2s.

Is it ok to buy online from them? And should I pick FedEx or international airmail? I guess FedEx would be more "secure" but I can wait the 7-12 days for international priority airmail. It's a difference of US$38 and US$19.

Um btw, are there places in Singapore that carry the UM2s? I've only seen Shure and Etymotic.

Thanks much for your feedback ... I'm waiting by the "order" button for my birthday present holiday.gifparty.gif

You're referring to the coupon deal? I know of it ... hence splurging on a birthday present for myself biggrin.gif

So should I choose FedEx or international mail, is there a big difference or can I save a bit of money by using global priority mail?

Buy from here. Cheaper but i dunno bout the shipping options.

earphonesolutions is a great site to deal with but got no discounts for Westones currently. Bought a UM1 at 20% off from them. Ship by vpost cos i got consolidate orders.

nakedtoes: Thought you were referring to the 20% off at earphone solution.

afbug: How much is American Techpushers selling the UM2 for? Earphone Solution is selling the UM2 for S$239.99 after the coupon discount.

nakedtoes: Thought you were referring to the 20% off at earphone solution.

afbug: How much is American Techpushers selling the UM2 for? Earphone Solution is selling the UM2 for S$239.99 after the coupon discount.

I tot the discount coupon expired on 02 Oct for Westones? The rest still on till 20 Oct is what i understand from Flavio's post.

Techpushers are selling at $299 with free portapros. Just opt out of the free gift. Email them for more info. Should be $239.

The coupon still works. I'm looking at the check out screen right now (been hoping to get some feedback from this forum on Earphone Solution and shipping methods to use).

I emailed Flavio and he said yes, officially it's over, but as long as the online system still recognizes the coupon, they will honor it w00t.gif

Had a look at American Tecpushers. Presumably the UM2s are going for US$237, and their international shipping is $20 (I assume it is the same internationa airmail 7-12 days delivery that Earphone Solution uses).

So ... really looking at a difference of US$2.99 ... Earphone Solution throws in an airline adaptor and a triple flange sleeve blink.gif

Go for earphonesolutions then. The tri-flange works for some. But you're likely to mod it to get the best fit. I shorten the stalks and cut the top flange off. So now mine is a bi-flanged. headphone.gif The adapter could come in handy one day.

If you can wait, go for cheaper shipping. USPS might not have the glamour of Fedex but quite reliable. No problems with them so far.

Sweet, thanks for your input, afbug party.gif

Happy birthday. Do tell us what you think of the UM2 after you got it. smoke.gif Mail from US to SG normaly takes 5-7 working days.

Hi fabio84. There is another forumer who PMed me (that makes two of you) to combine orders. I can't confirm if we can combine orders right now because I'm using someone else's CC also, and after checking, the combined orders come up to quite a sum even after the discount (and before shipping).

Also, there seems to be a bug in Earphone Solution's system because I input the combined orders to work out the shipping, and if I choose FedEX, it'd cost US$45 (which is cool if split between three persons), but if I choose international mail, it'd cost US$300 ohmy.gif That's crazy wacko.gif

I will have to confirm the use of the CC, and the shipping cost. But I can't promise any thing. In the event that it's ok to order together, are you guys willing to put down some form of deposit? I don't wanna run the risk of being stuck with an excessive bill and the owner of the CC certainly won't be impressed.

Hey just wondering if i can tag along with your order? I'm only gonna buy some foam tips and maybe a case.

got the um2...um2 rocks! got it from earphonesolutions.com ... and boy, their customer service is really excellent and out of this world...flavio is really a nice guy...i suggest use vpost instead of usps (global)...its cheaper and its faster...i've had experiences with usps international packages where i receive items at least a month later...

by the way americantechpushers does not allow singapore registered credit cards...is this true? thanks

Edited by jmilo