Sign in to follow this  
T_T|||

Need portable wireless headphones.

Looks to me you have high static charge/discharge....make sure u don't handle MicroPs without having grounded yourself. tongue.gif

Thanks for the recommendation. Now the last thing to get for my PA2V2 is a tiny rubber sleeve for the switch... My fingers keep getting "shocked" by the metal switch.... hmm....

how can u get shocked?

do u wear a lot of polyester on ur body? @@

btw, for the sleeve, I can give you FOC

as I took them off every single SPDT switches that I've got.

hmm, but to make sure that it'll fit, pls measure the diameter of ur PA2v2 switch

omg... I have static?! Can't be... It's not those sudden shock. It feels more like a constant burning sensation. But it only happens when the metal switch touches the inside of the grooves of the wrinkles on my fingers. Sleeve? Thanks squalle but I solved the problem with duct tape... Looks cool... laugh.gif

BTW, what's the name of the shop in Adelphi selling Grados? I need to change the sponges(whatever you call it), Algae's started to grow on them... Argh... And after all this hype about the Sennheiser PX200, I ended up bringing my SR80s onto the streets and confining my PX200 in camp... What a waste of my $99... Why? Cos I can't stand the quality difference between the two, which is very significant...

Oh well, that's what you get after listening to SR80s on X-Fi soundcard constantly...

BTW, what's the name of the shop in Adelphi selling Grados?

Music By Design

I need to change the sponges

If you live near Woodlands maybe you can try Stereo at Causeway Point. They do sell Grado pads. laugh.gif

omg... I have static?!

The human body generates a small degree of electricity. Operators and technical personnel who works on some production lines (especially CD players) wear grounded wrist bands and special shoes to reduce static charges. I've personally seen an operator who destroyed every chip she touched. Obviously, I made her wear The Band. laugh.gif

not much, except for the colour-rsx660 is silver, the other is black.usually it is the difference in capsule, but close hearing reveals similar sound, then it is up to individual preference.

What is the difference between the RSX 550 and RSX 660?

The transducers of RSX660 is supposed to be of a higher grade than the RSX550 but personal experience did not reveal much difference sonically. Aesthetically, I prefer the latter as the black coloured body should withstand wear and tear better (natural color of the plastic).

Hey if u're still looking for a wireless headphone Creative has a bluetooth one. And I think thy're portable but probably need batteries for the headset and transmitter. They should work with devices with bluetooth like a handphone or PDA without the transmitter.... but I 'm not so sure.

Bluetooth audio is quite ok for TV or news on radio, but for music, the bass is weak.

I have mobile phone that support stereo bluetooth, and I tried iTech clip which is currently the most popular stereo bluetooth headset. iTech is only the bluetooth receiver and transmitter with mic, but without earpiece, so you have to use your own earbuds. It has the 3.5 mm stereo socket on it.

For the same 128 kbps MP3, normal MP3 players still sound better than the bluetooth stereo. But the bluetooth stereo is already pretty good indeed (version 1.2 with A2DP or above), compare to bluetooth mono (1.1).

So the bluetooth stereo headset is convenience and fun, but not for high end music. You can use it for mobile phone, PC for skype or other voip, or TV and iPod if you buy the bluetooth audio transmitter.

My2Cents wink.gif