Sign in to follow this  

Where to get replacement cable for HD650 in SG?

Think the pairing of the cardas and HD600 is gonna be wicked man!

Gosh..amp + cardas cables....there goes my bonus man. the price to pay for quality sound party.gif

yoz 2100 let me know once u got the price for the cardas...well u'll nv know if there will be any changes in the price rite? lol

Just phoned Coherence, it's $250 for the 3m length.

I was thinking of ordering from Jan Meier, he had a cable made for the 650. Too bad he does not produce this anymore.

Gosh..amp + cardas cables....there goes my bonus man. the price to pay for quality sound  party.gif

yoz 2100 let me know once u got the price for the cardas...well u'll nv know if there will be any changes in the price rite? lol

I was thinking of ordering from Jan Meier, he had a cable made for the 650. Too bad he does not produce this anymore.

$250 sound reasonable for 3m worth of cardas if u ask me. tongue.gif as compared to the zu

so whats ur final verdict? lol think even if jan decided to make the cables for ya, it's gonna cost more than the cardas

Gosh..amp + cardas cables....there goes my bonus man. the price to pay for quality sound  party.gif

$250 sound reasonable for 3m worth of cardas if u ask me. tongue.gif as compared to the zu

so whats ur final verdict? lol think even if jan decided to make the cables for ya, it's gonna cost more than the cardas

Sonical, the final verdict is that i am going to wait for the AKG K701. heh heh....

Sonical, the final verdict is that i am going to wait for the AKG K701. heh heh....

tongue.gif For some reason, I have similar thinking, skip the replacement cable(i m having zu, olebach and both HD600 and HD650) and wait for the AKG 701.

The AkG701 is likely to be available in SG within this year. laugh.gif

Btw, the price for the 2.5m is $440. 3.0m is available for order at $470.

Yaufei,

I think Music By Design sells it for less than the stated prices - please check with them.

I bought the cardas for my HD 650. Have been using it for a few months now and it just gets better with time. Very revealing, and if matched to the right system, seems to be very good throughout the frequency range. Prior to burn in, the highs are tipped but seems to mellow over time.

I have not tried any other brand of replacement cable, only the Senn original cable.

I bought the cardas for my HD 650. Have been using it for a few months now and it just gets better with time. Very revealing, and if matched to the right system, seems to be very good throughout the frequency range. Prior to burn in, the highs are tipped but seems to mellow over time.

I have not tried any other brand of replacement cable, only the Senn original cable.

Hi Brandon, Thanks for the reply.

Glad that you didn't reply early as likely I might get the cardas($2xx) base on your positive feedback. tongue.gif I got the DT880 at $299 instead. happy.gif

However, are you interested to listen the zu and olehbach and hd600? We can do some A/B comparison of the zu and the cardas. laugh.gif

hi Brandon and Charismatic,

Mind if I join you for the A/B session? I'm considering both cables so this would be a good oppportunity for me.

Just my 2 cents worth....

The HD650 does goes well with the Zu cable. The Zu sorts of corrects the fault of the HD650 which is the recessed top end. It definately does not goes well with the oehlbach cable of Jan Meier, since it adds too much weight to the sonic signature. However, the oehlbach does goes pretty well with the HD600.

As for the HD600, the most suitable cable which I have heard so far is the Equinox, followed by the oehlbach.

hi Ben,

Have you tried the HD650 with the Cardas? I wasn't looking for a "bright" presentation, so Zu may not be the right choice for me.

IMHO the Zu on HD650 is anything but bright. I tend to agree with lengcm that it improves on an "inadequacy" of the HD650 in the top end, by increasing treble extension and reducing the mid-bass emphasis (in the relative sense), resulting in a more balanced/natural sound.

I have not tried the HD650 with the Cardas. HD650 with the Zu was not bright at all in my current and previous setups.

I meant bright as in "bright", in other words, a comparatively increment in the treble. smile.gif

I wonder if MBD/Coherence Audio allows trial of the cable, even if it's just right on the spot? I would at least have a clearer idea.

I bought the Cardas. Actually, the Cardas with the 650 does significantly improve the highs over the stock cable. I would not call it recessed at all. It sounds very balanced to me as well, and very revealing. This cable seems very transparent, as I can hear differences between my Arcam DV78, Bel Canto Dac2 and Marantz CD6000. My Arcam, which has been modded with an EAM clock, sounds a bit too bright with the cardas, the DAC2 tones down the balance, and the Marantz smoothes things over a bit too much, losing details in the process. I think a prospective cable upgrader needs to try the Cardas in your own setup to decide if the Zu is worth $200 more. Cables are apparently very system dependent. FYI, I'm using a Graham Slee Solo MC with DH labs Air Matrix interconnects.