Sign in to follow this  
Barradio

Hornet S/N 9029 Just Landed

Oh this is sweeeeeeeet! w00t.gif

Would love to hear some impressions...How does it sounds with HF-1? rolleyes.gif

Edited by Futura

Ah the wait is over whistling.gif

hi barradio, how long did it take for your hornet to arrive? i ordered devember 12 and shipped same day, but im still waiting for it...thanks...

jimlo mine take long time as it was pre order before on sale. If I can recall when money sends to Ray it takes about three week.

As for the sound impression my same as whose you can read from Head-Fi forum on Hornet.

0 - 50hrs very forward.

50-100hrs getting less forward and slightly more bass.

100-200hrs sound very good very much balanced between the low to high.

Note: rubbish in rubbish out. If our source is lousy don’t aspect it will come out good sound from the Hornet.

PCDP connected to Hornet will not sound the same as CDP connected to Hornet.

0 - 50hrs very forward.

Don't really get it. Amps also have a burn-in period? huh.gif

Sigh... Just got my PA2V2 and seems that it does nothing much other than an expensive volume control.

0 - 50hrs very forward.

Don't really get it. Amps also have a burn-in period? huh.gif

Sigh... Just got my PA2V2 and seems that it does nothing much other than an expensive volume control.

yes....amps need a burn-in period too, same like earphones...

jimlo mine take long time as it was pre order before on sale. If I can recall when money sends to Ray it takes about three week.

As for the sound impression my same as whose you can read from Head-Fi forum on Hornet.

0 - 50hrs very forward.

Note: rubbish in rubbish out. If our source is lousy don’t aspect it will come out good sound from the Hornet.

PCDP connected to Hornet will not sound the same as CDP connected to Hornet.

thanks for the input barradio...as from what ive read at headfi, the best sound that would come out from the hornet would be about after 300 hours of burn-in...

Don't really get it. Amps also have a burn-in period?

What do you understand from the term burn-in/run-in? In other areas, the term "seasoning" may be familiar such as your running shoes. Actually these terms are quite similar in nature; use the product and break it in until it reaches a comfortable and/or optimal level of performance. In audio/video context, the electrical/eletronic product will perform better as it ages with time as electricity passes through its circuitry....from components to wiring. As for transducers that produce sound, the mechanical movement will also be smoother and responsive with time. This is one reason why some never switch off their hifi systems and will only sit in to listen when the speakers are set in motion (played) for a short period (minutes-hour). Conversely, a fully run-in system can also lose these properties if left cold for an extended period (a month?). However, it takes a much shorter period of running in to regain the once optimal level of performance.

In audio/video context, the electrical/eletronic product will perform better as it ages with time as electricity passes through its circuitry....from components to wiring.

So how do I actually burn-in my amp. Just leave it on while playing music? As I know, there is a rough guideline to burn-in headphones so is there any for amps?

That's good enough pal. Although a dedicated burn-in track will be optimal, playing music and even "white noise" between radio channels will help to burn in your system too. What matters most is get the entire audio link to work together. General guideline? Adjust volume to just below average listening level in the initial stage, move up to average level in the intermediate and just slightly above average level in the final stage. I rather err in a softer level than louder.

Edited by Mackie

I rather err in a softer level than louder.

Is there any reason behind it?

Burnout the driver filament or bust the driver? no.gif

When burning-in significantly louder than your normal listening volumes, you may get issues like the drivers of the headphones loosening too much..

Since you're really just trying to get the oils to uniformly coat the coils and for the coils to move comfortably at your listening volumes.

If you've the time, try going from slightly softer -> listening volume -> slightly louder. Reducing the amount of time spent each time.