Sign in to follow this  
acidboy84

Thinking of getting the SR-325i

The thing is that I don't feel comfortable auditioning at the shop. The shop owner will be looking at me. Had one experience when I was deciding to get the Grado SR-60 or 80. Just tested both at most for 8~10min. It was ok as I was definately buying it and got the SR-80 due to better bass.

MS2i has the similar looks that you're looking for in a SR325i minus the little button.

It can only be bought online right? The waiting I, think will kill me.

Good stuff are worth the wait. Moreover, as most of us should know by now, a lot of gear can't be purchased in Singapore. And take into account that the SGD-USD exchange rate has been pretty favourable. wink.gif

But how to audition the cans? Is it like 325i but just more balanced as mentioned in head-fi? Better bass and less harsh treble?

But how to audition the cans? Is it like 325i but just more balanced as mentioned in head-fi? Better bass and less harsh treble?

Someone here might have a pair which you can audition. Haven't heard the MS-2i so I can't comment. But if you're still apprehensive abt the MS-2i, I think you won't go wrong with the SR-325i - you can always audition and decide if it's for you.

The thing is that I don't feel comfortable auditioning at the shop. The shop owner will be looking at me. Had one experience when I was deciding to get the Grado SR-60 or 80. Just tested both at most for 8~10min. It was ok as I was definately buying it and got the SR-80 due to better bass.

no worries. mbd's friendly. even when you tell them you're still deciding between two cans, they will tell you no worries try it out and hear the difference for yourself smile.gif

Since you are already a customer of MBD why should you feel uncomfortable.

Never was their customer. The Grado SR-80 was bought from Stereo. tongue.gif

But if you're still apprehensive abt the MS-2i, I think you won't go wrong with the SR-325i - you can always audition and decide if it's for you.

More inclined in buying the SR-325i but will test out some ATs as pointed by some. laugh.gif

no worries. mbd's friendly. even when you tell them you're still deciding between two cans, they will tell you no worries try it out and hear the difference for yourself

Really? That sounds good enough for me. By the way do they sell any Grado accessories? Might be getting the Stereo to Stereo Mini converter if I get the SR-325i so I can plug to my portables. tongue.gif

What's Zu cables? Didn't see any on their webby. mellow.gif

OT : Finally my PA2V2 arrive together with my Cardas. biggrin.gif

Sorry about the looking at you service...... tongue.gif We usually do that in case you have any questions or need to demo another model, don't mean to stress you out.

I agree to have a better demo experience, Music by design is the place to go, not so noisy and not so much people walking here and there distracting your demo and better demo equipment.

Just want you to understand we can't do most of that partly because we are more of a sim lim style electronic shop unlike MBD which is a high end hifi shop, different concept different style therefore different service.

Still, no excuse for bad or poor service. Apologise on behalf of Stereo Electronics. cool.gif

Still, no excuse for bad or poor service. Apologise on behalf of Stereo Electronics.

What ever, I still come to your shop due to the distance compared to MBD. Lol..!

I'll drop by MBD soon to actually check out the shop.

Always audition before you buy something. Especially when it's not cheap.

That's what I always do.. Except unless it's a strong recommendation from Rameish. But that's only because both of us share extremely similar taste.

Thanks for the point. I'm sure to audition the cans. But now undecided between the ATH-A900 and SR-325i. I love the Grado sound but could be bias as I never heard AT or Senns(Grado is my 1st cans). What do you recommend to bring for auditioning? When I first bought my SR-80 I used my portable Hi-MD player to audition it. It was ok as I was planning to pair these 2 back in camp(still serving NS but 3 months left). I know that the SR-325i is better with an amp but the only amp that I have is the PA2V2. The reason why I'm jumping straight to the SR-325i as I don't want to keep upgrading after a while. My SR-80 is barely 3 months old, so you have the rough idea. tongue.gif