Sign in to follow this  
N@Z

Guyferd

Oh, my previous post was referring to Shafu's ZOTL on head-fi FS forum. US$750 new.

So Stick will 'mummy option' be used? tongue.gif

... but he includes some extra tubes too.. I don't know if they are of any good. Can help me spot? unsure.gifunsure.gif

I forgot what they were, did he list them out? I can try to check.

oooh yeah.. new is darn ex.. 750 man.. only direct from david berning himself

help me see if the tube are of any good

Had a quick look, I'm not familiar with these but the 12AT7 are pretty close to the ones used on the MG Head but not compatible I'm told. The Brands Siemens & Sylvanias are highly regarded & are normally used in the ZOTL. You might need to invest in some tube rings/dampers as well my Sylvanias (EL84 & 5751) tend to have a little microphonics which can be heard as a humming or background noise. Oak had similar problems on his Cayin when he used the Amperex & GE tubes I sold him which was solved by using the tube rings. Maybe he can source some for us too... wink.gif

oooh dampener... i think i saw barradio using it in his zotl .. if i am not wrong biggrin.gif

Blues, you should pay visit to Rameish. I have seen his vast personal collection of new tubes, including NOS. So you may want to check his stock before tube-rolling. wink.gif

Yes, that's the one. Ask him his source maybe we can get cheap thru' him. wink.gif

N@Z, where did you get the Amperex Burgle Boys (EL84) ? and its cost ? wink.gif

If I'm not mistaken I bid for them on ebay, can't remember how much. I regret selling them actually, they are the Holland Bugle Boys.

Heard they were hot pieces in pursuit by tube lovers. Any more of similar kind (EL84) from you ? wink.gif

when will decision come ? wink.gif

how much ? wink.gif