Sign in to follow this  
acidboy84

Monster Cable

Charismatic,

First has your cable passed the 150 hour mark of playback? Dont judge a cable before that. Second, the hard fact is cables need to match the system. If what you have described about the supra (whose sonic signature I dont recall - getting old) is indeed after the 150 hour mark try either the Kimber PBJ or even Hero (dont go for the Silver Streaks).

Alternatively, try a recipe of your own like multi strand with solid core (each in different jacket). Or both in the same jacket if you can find it ;-)

Where to test out the cables. Want to get better cables as my Cardas HPI doesn't seems to be performing well with my PA2V2.

boycott monster products, its a bad company. they bully small companies that use the word "monster" for brand name or products by demanding them pay some lame licensing fee, or brand name infringement thingy. killed alot of smaller companies that way by suing their asses off.

Edited by papaya86

Can you imagine everyone in these forum use nicks like papayo86 or payoya86...... worst, they use papaya86 in other forums flaming everyone? You might not like it, not to mention big cable manufacturers like Monster.

Join Creative marketing dept and name the new mp3 player "The Ipod"...... and wait for Apple to sue you upside down. cool.gif

If you don't like Monster products, don't use them.

Charismatic,

First has your cable passed the 150 hour mark of playback? Dont judge a cable before that. Second, the hard fact is cables need to match the system. If what you have described about the supra (whose sonic signature I dont recall - getting old) is indeed after the 150 hour mark try either the Kimber PBJ or even Hero (dont go for the Silver Streaks).

Alternatively, try a recipe of your own like multi strand with solid core (each in different jacket). Or both in the same jacket if you can find it ;-)

Hi Mr. Rameish,

First has your cable passed the 150 hour mark of playback?

--

Yes(past tense).

--

Dont judge a cable before that. Second, the hard fact is cables need to match the system. If what you have described about the supra (whose sonic signature I dont recall - getting old) is indeed after the 150 hour mark try either the Kimber PBJ or even Hero (dont go for the Silver Streaks).

--

My setup has been gradually changed since then. When CD5000 was replaced by the SA17 player, it became very bright. I replaced the supra with the AV deco IC. I have tried audioquest viper IC in between but it's too fast. When I change the amp from creek to diva, the AV deco became bright and fast. I replaced it with the Ailssa Tweak IC and it's OK up to now. I have tried the RS Solid Silver interconnects in between, it's like AKG501 IC biggrin.gif , the vocal and high is clear and details but it got a sort of 'roll-off' effect when the music hits lower frequency.

--

--

I have clumsy hands, DIY isn't for me. biggrin.gif

--

papaya86: U don't have to get nasty. Moreover, known dealers who contribute to this forum are also not meant to be abused whenever there are disagreement. Similarly, we don't discriminate against newbies or teenagers here.

As for the accusation that Monster sues and bullies lesser companies using their trademark, it's a prerogative they have since the brand is registered. Lesser companies who deliberately employ the same name simply wanna raise its profile or even carry an intent to hint of affliation. Business world is cruel and simply survival of the fittest.

In any case, it's more constructive to post comments why a product does not bode well for you than simply sweeps the whole thing under a carpet and spits on it. FWIW, those who love Telarc recordings will know that flagship Monster cables were/are used in their monitoring/mastering system.

Edited by Mackie

If you like to try some high end cables give Kimber Select range a listen. I have both the KS-1030 and and KS-1020 very nice. You could try the all copper verion the KS-1011.

If you like to try some high end cables give Kimber Select range a listen. I have both the KS-1030 and and KS-1020 very nice. You could try the all copper verion the KS-1011.

Do try the Kimber Select Series. Especially the KS1030 or the KS1130 (balanced). Price is pretty steep though. The KS1030 was about $1300. However the price has increased further. Give Atlas Hifi a call.

Edited by lengcm

i have 2 cable of tyhem and they work very quite good...

Do you use the select series of speaker cables?

Hi Mr. Rameish,

Thanks for the tips on IC, alas $$$ not enough. I will at most spend <=$500 per IC(used).