viconte

How to connect emu card optical out to amp?

Hi Guys,

I have an emu 0404 soundcard and wish to connect directly to my amp, which has a mini jack (no RCA jacks), using the optical out of the emu. Can i just use a toslink cable, a toslink-to-mini, to connect directly so i can utilise the optical out instead of the analog? Many thanks.

I already connect the emu directly using the analog out to my amp, i wanna know whether it's optical to connect the optical out to my amp. Hope to hear yr views on this! smile.gif

u cant

optic is digital

and ur amp cant convert digital to analog out of thin air

get a DAC that can take optic input

then that DAC, connect to ur amp

no such thing as a DAC in a wire, like what you want, just a toslink to mini jack

different nature

even electrical digital out cant be just converted to or from optic signal

and as far as I know, hornet is just an amp, no DAC

Viconte,

Post in the relavent section please!

FYI:

The E-MU® 0404 Digital Audio System delivers everything you need to produce audio on a PC at a breakthrough price - pristine 24-bit/192kHz converters*, hardware-accelerated effects and mixing, and seamless compatibility with your favorite PC audio/sequencer software. The E-MU 0404 Digital Audio System offers the same hardware acceleration as the rest of E-MU's Digital Audio Systems, providing you with professional sound quality and powerful DSP an affordable price.

The E-MU 0404 features:

Premium 24-bit/192kHz converters - 111dB signal-to-noise ratio A/D converters and 116dB signal-to-noise ratio D/A converters for pristine recording and playback of your tracks

Hardware-accelerated effects - over 600 standalone and E-MU Power FX VST plug-in effects with no CPU overhead

PatchMixâ„¢ DSP zero-latency hardware mixing and monitoring - with super-fl\exible patchbay - no external mixer needed

Comprehensive analog and digital I/O plus MIDI - two analog inputs, two analog outputs, optical/coaxial S/PDIF plus MIDI I/O

Compatibility with most popular audio/sequencer applications - ultra-low latency 24-bit/192kHz ASIO 2.0 and Stereo WDM drivers

E-MU Production Tools Software Bundle - includes Cakewalk SONAR LE, Steinberg Cubase LE and Wavelab Lite, Ableton Live Lite 4 for E-MU, IK Multimedia AmpliTube LE, Minnetonka diskWelder BRONZE (trial version), SFX Machine LT, plus E-MU's Proteus X LE Desktop Sound Module - everything you need to create, record, edit, master and burn is in the box

I/O Configuration:

Two 1/4" Analog Inputs and Outputs

Optical 24-bit/96kHz S/PDIF In/Out (switchable to AES/EBU)

Coaxial 24-bit/96kHz S/PDIF In/Out (switchable to AES/EBU)

MIDI In/Out

Since it has two 1/4 inch analog input and outputs you should be able to connect via that to your hornet amp.

I'm unfaamilier with PC audio stuff, but that's what I got looking at the manufacturer's website. The image here http://images.americas.creative.com/images...04_hardware.pdf seems to suggest that all you need to to get/make a 1/4 inch headphone jack (da bigger one) to RCA adapter. LHS in Sim Lim should be able to make one for ya.

Also posting in the correct forum will also help you as well as you will get more responses from people familier with the subject matter. And it will keep the Home Equipment forum for home equipment product Q&A.

Edited by Rameish