belgarion

I need Recommendations, help please :)

Im currently using Grado sr-80. I know its not a very good pair of headphones, but im quite pleased with it. But the problem i have is that i wan to improve on the vocals and clarity.

Should i go for a headphone amp ? or should i buy a cdp. Recommendations please ...

Im using it mainly for home use. My budget is ard 200-300 ?

Im a student, so cant afford to spend too much, hope u guys understand

whats your source now?

as I've said before, for people on a budget, and want most bang-for-buck, there's no place like Head-fi's trade-zone. party.gif

bel,

I'll assume you have a PCDP already. To max the Grado potential you should get an amp that will allow you to use other headphones in the future as well - not just grados. Check out the Corda Sales Action in the Classifieds - it's only going to last a couple of days more - that I can tell you as response has not been overwhelming. Of the 5 days or so it's been up I only sold one HA-1 and that was to a Singnet Classifed reader at the regular price.

I have several amps for you to try but the only one near your budget is the Porta Corda II (at the sale price of S$330).

Good Luck and Happy Hunting.

whats your source now?

as I've said before, for people on a budget, and want most bang-for-buck, there's no place like Head-fi's trade-zone. party.gif

im using a normal discman currently... as for the forum u mentioned, its a us website right ?

The Grado SR80 is pretty good actually especially if you get a headphone amplifier for it. The CHA47 was practically designed for it. It should fit your budget very well. I personally prefer it with Headroom's Total Airhead as it tames the SR80's slightly harsh sound.

Only disadvantages are the CHA47 is DIY only & the TAH is way out of your budget. You could either try buying used or get someone to build it for you (CHA47).

You could try to stretch for the Porta Corda II, correct me if I am wrong Rameish, it should suit a wider range of headphones should you plan to upgrade in the future.

Anyone in this forum knows how to build a diy amp ? im intersted to get the CHA47 after what u all recommended.

hey gryphon , if u wan to sell ur amp, please let me know smile.gif

Thanks

after researching from several websites, i think i will go for a diy amp as it suits my budget better.

So the problem is which amp should i go for ?

I find the sr 80 abit too bright, i would like it to tone down a little, and vocals not loud enough. Any ideas ? many ppl recommended the CHA47, but will it really suits me ? cos i nv heard it before.

Thanks

at least $300 for a MAXED OUT one. Tangent charges I think US$350 for one ok wink.gif

firefox builds. maybe you can wait till the weekend and pm him..(army guy)

thanks Rameish.

yeah, belgarion, if you can wait a bit, you'll probably see my firefox-built MAXED out meta42 for sale once he completes it once he's out for the weekend. headphone.gif