Sign in to follow this  
Stereo_Electronics

AKG K701

Yes, I agree largely with Mackie. I was just debating the point that edwinywh made that the cost of air shipment is the main reason for the higher prices. Also, considering the substantial difference in price, I wouldn't be surprised if most people decide to purchase the cans online instead of from our local dealers.

True true...That's what I did tongue.gif But I got my HD650 locally...Its a little on the high side.....$690.....But haiz, what's done cannot be undone...Given a choice, I would've purchased the HD650 online as well...

Try the head-fi sponsors - you can find links at the top of the head-fi forums page.

hey guys i m a novice when come to on-line purchase.i prefer local for warranty reason.i check meier and for example, beyer dt880 at us$270 (include freight?can;t find info)at current ex rate 1.64, it costs $442 w/out warranty & got-to-wait.and our forumers are buying at $365 locally.Given a choice howz? wacko.gif unless i went to the wrong site.....?

Meier audio isn't exactly cheap (unless you buy their amps), neither is Headroom nor Todd. But they do have some nice prices from time to time, like on the AKG K701's. The latter two also do price matching, if that helps. The best thing to do would be to check out a few merchants to compare prices. If you can get it for cheaper locally, by all means!

Tks Absolute (vodka luv-er) for advice.Same as we do physical shopping, we do the same when on-line too. From razer's post, i thot the prices outside must be absolutely cheaper than the profit hungry distributors/dealers have to offer in Singapore.Die die must buy on-line one....so given a choice, one must still watch up for a good deal, be it on earth or cyberspace:yeah:

K701 is available for trial at AA, accordingly to shop keeper, he waited since Christmas, huge pair of cans, very iPod like creamy white finish, comfort is tip-top, price is WOW ex! typical AKG character, not my cuppa of tea though sleep.gif

K701 is available for trial at AA, accordingly to shop keeper, he waited since Christmas, huge pair of cans, very iPod like creamy white finish, comfort is tip-top, price is WOW ex! typical AKG character, not my cuppa of tea though sleep.gif

I got my K701's during last year december. Till now, I've tried to Massage the Ear Pads every now and then to soften them but to no avail. hammer.gif Its hurting my jaw joint area during long hours of listening... ppth.gif

Thanks! That's still pretty much out of reach at the moment. rolleyes.gif

Was at stereo last saturday. The K701 seems like a promising can to replace my HD600 with Equinox. Will need to give it a proper audition again.

Hi lengcm, i heard HD650 with equinox, despite brief encounter with K701 at aa, i feel both models are opposite in character.personally i don't feel for AKG,since k240s and k501, i feel its presentation weak in most aspects.Yes i admit i ain't fans of classical, which AKG is fond of. Perhaps you and razer (i know as the sole owner of k701 in sgforum) could enlighten me, then i can look-out for the benefits when I make a listen of k701 one more time.tks sleep.gif

Hi lengcm, i heard HD650 with equinox, despite brief encounter with K701 at aa, i feel both models are opposite in character.personally i don't feel for AKG,since k240s and k501, i feel its presentation weak in most aspects.Yes i admit i ain't fans of classical, which AKG is fond of. Perhaps you and razer (i know as the sole owner of k701 in sgforum) could enlighten me, then i can look-out for the benefits when I make a listen of k701 one more time.tks sleep.gif

HD600, not HD650.