Sign in to follow this  
Stereo_Electronics

AKG K701

Woah...That's like $418 USD....Why is it that headphones that come to Singapore always become so much more expensive when compared to the States?

Well, at least its the case for AKG and Sennheisers and Stax....

Edited by razer

I suspect since the demand in States are bigger, quantity ordered by suppliers are bigger, therefore they are able to bargain for a better price, just like Shure and Sennheiser.

Woah...That's like $418 USD....Why is it that headphones that come to Singapore always become so much more expensive when compared to the States?

The same comment will be put forth by an American and European, "Why are Chinese and Japanese so god damn expensive in US and EU/UK?". Reason? Economics of scale (supply/demand), shipping cost, levies, trade pact and the list goes on.

Edited by Mackie

I must say the prices are indeed a fair bit more expensive than what we can get them for online (shipped over from the States). I suspect a high markup by the distributor could have contributed to the price disparity as well.

What about retailer mark up?

maybe not in this case, but in many cases, I guess so

coz in sg, there isnt much to worry about losing customers due to higher price. the customers are happily spending more.

as I'm just a poor man here, every difference in pricing is ...different. that's why I like buying online

smile.gif

oh, one more thing

lately I find that websites are a lot friendlier than humans (shopkeepers, CSOs, etc etc)

despite all those, I'm glad to see and meet some good shops around smile.gif

AA, LHS, and Stereo are good. Although I havent been to Stereo before, I would presume that aaron is a friendly guy. smile.gif

disclaimer: in case you havent noticed, whatever I've stated above are purely MY OWN HUMBLE OPINION. nobody has to be subscribe to them or believe them.

Well, at least its the case for AKG and Sennheisers and Stax....

Well,I would say its becos the headphones dun appear in Sg just like that?

THEY flew here? Air tickets aren't cheap! biggrin.gif

They are also shipped via air when you buy them from online merchants overseas...

No point comparing our prices to those in US and EU. If so, you will always find pro audio products much cheaper on sweetwater.com than the local prices. It just aint realistic. Reason? The usual suspect, currency exchange rate and economics of scale. On the former, a distributor gets more mileage from his USD payment for a German product in EUR than a local distributor paying SGD. As for the latter point, a distributor in US can order a certain item in bulk and thus pass on the savings of this bulk purchase to consumers. How many sets of HD650 or AKG K701 do you perceive were or would be sold here per year? As a gauge, I know less than 10 of our forumers own the former and most of them are from a lucky power buy I arranged. Our market is just too small.

Edited by Mackie