Sign in to follow this  
evian_vortex

Questions to the pros

Errr ... what is the difference between PX200 and K26p , CK7 and E2c ... Any other alternatives to these few phones mentioned above ... What is the difference between the flex sleeves and the soft flex sleeves of the E2c , any difference in sound isolation and comfort ?

Thanks laugh.gif

Edited by evian_vortex

PX200 and K26p are headphones, the PX200 is a closed type (isolates, minimal sound leakage) and, if I remember right, the K26p are open types (doesn't do much to isolate, sound can leak quite a bit). If I'm wrong, someone please correct me.

The CK7 iand the e2c is an IEM/canalphone. They isolate external sound a lot, sometimes up to dangerous levels especially when you're on the road.

Personally, I've yet to hear the PX200s, the K26p is quite heavy on bass, sounding rather dark and the e2c is also bassy and grainy on female vocals without much treble energy to speak of. The ATH-CK7 is 'balanced' when compared to the K26p and the e2c. I personally prefer the CK7 over the e2c. Only tried the grey soft flex sleeves on the e2 however, so no comments on the other sleeves. Isolation wise, in general, foam tips give the best isolation.

Alternatives to the PX200 and the K26p would be the Koss PortaPro and the PX100.

Alternatives to the ATH-CK7 would be the Panasonic RP-HJE70, Sennheiser CX300, Ultimate Ear's Universal Fit canalphone series (depending on the tip used)

Alternatives to the Shure e2 would be earphones higher up the Shure family (e3, e4, e5, the upcoming e500), Westone UM1/2, Etymotic ER series.

Edited by Zephyron

Geez , thats informative ... thanks ... heard that CK7 is Bass overkill , is it true ? cause i like my bass to be punchy and powerful to provide a great kick ... how does it sound like never tried that before ... tongue.gif

thanks again

The CK7's bass isn't overkill, and I'm no basshead, and I hate overemphasized bass smile.gif

Its tight and well controlled/behaved with quick decay and accurate punch. Quite well textured too, but not up to level with the ER6i though its rather close to it.

Bass overkill would have to go to the AKG K26p IF I were to vote from the above, and the e2c is rather bassy as well, reminiscent of the EX71 but MUCH better behaved.

Edited by Zephyron

LOL ... i must say ... i don't feel much bass from K26P at all ... HMM ... from the other CK7 thread , is it a worthy buy after all ? have been budgeting for a long time liao

It would be a good buy I guess, at least for my case it was... Just don't get hit by an upgrade bug by wondering how higher budgeted phones sound like.

Not much bass from the K26p? Different experience from me I guess o.O

IMO, if you found the bass on the K26p to be weak or thin, then the bass on the CK7 might be non-existant altogether.

Hmm, the Sennheiser CX-300 seems to be a popular choice amongst people though *hint hint*

LOL ... Now have 2 choices liao le ... CX300 or CK7 ... anyone can do a comparison ?

By the way ... what kinda bass will suit me ... since i don't respond to any of K26p's Bass ... Oh ya ... anywhere to fix AKG headphones' headband ?

Where do you live? Since my CK7 should have been completely burnt in and I have a myriad of standard CK7 type sleeves, and I travel aropund quite a bit, I'll be more than happy to let you audition the CK7, though hopefully someone in the forums will buy the CX-300 so we can do a full shootout comparison between the CK7, CX300 and RPHJE70 smile.gif

With regard to the AKG headband, sorry, no idea >.>;

I live in Pasir Ris lah ... HAHAHH ... speaking of the HJE70 ... is it comparable to the CK7 ?

My budget ... not much lah ... $3000 only ... tongue.gif ... how does the UM2 sound like ... It seems like there is a never ending set of phones im gonna test out

K26p is closed. headphone.gif

3K can buy 1 ES2 and UE10 Pro liao. biggrin.gif

EDIT: Nvm

With $300, you have several options:

All-round performance from cheaper to more expensive:

Sony MDR-E888 (Not sure, $75) for a normal earbud.

ATH-CK7 (balance, $119), Etymotic ER6i (balance, $170-219), Westone UM1 (a bit of bass and rich mids, $230?), Panasonic RPHJE70 (bass, $165) and Sennheiser CX300 (not sure, $119) for IEMs.

AKG K81DJ (bass, $129), Audio Technica ATH-A900 ($259) for headphones.

If you want to begin cheap however, I do recommend the Koss KSC75 and the Koss PortaPro smile.gif

They can be had easily for under $100, but they do not do much if not anything to seal external sound.

Edited by Zephyron

$300 lah ... Paiseh ... Owners of CK7 ... can tell me more about the charecter of CK7 ???

Highly tempted by CK7 and torn Between CK7 and CX300 and HJE70