Sign in to follow this  
Slumber

need good sounding cans...

HI ppl, i haven't been keeping up to date with the new batch of headphones n stuff... so i am posing a qtn now. I am wondering what i shld get for my ipod... my mx500 is dying... So i need suggestions on headphones...

budget's ard 50-90... N i am using it most of the time on the mrt. Is there any gd pair of Audio Technica's clip on that's within this range n look stylish or shld i just get ksc-75/senns PX200?

How much isolation does the k26p give?

I've got the KSC75 and i can tell you while they sound nice, they're pretty much next to useless in a noisy environment (like in a bus... i HATE tv-mobile! ppth.gif ) I'm considering another set of headphones for portable use as well... or maybe i'll get canalphones... haven't decided yet.

I think the PX200 will have better isolation than the K26P but go to Hung Bros, they have both. You then can ask Douglas for his advice. Just make sure it is Douglas and no one else. He may even let you try them, who knows?

IIRC, there's a display set at Hung Bro's for the k26p, but not for the px200. Whether you consider them to still be reasonably hygenic is up to you, of course laugh.gif

I think i will go check out PX200 n audio techina clip ons... at jade gift shop and Hung Bro's.. The last time i saw it, which's like last yr, the PX200 available at jade gift shop is cheaper than that at Hung Bro's.. will give it a try agn.. the last time i tried PX200 at jade gift shop, it fared badly compared to k26p. THink it's due to the fact that the k26p is burned in while PX200 is new from the box... headphone.gifheadphone.gifparty.gif I love MX500 ... =p hammer.gifhammer.gif

PX200 needs a long burn-in period, about 48 hours min. That's my experience, ymmv.