Sign in to follow this  
icyspawn

headphone amp?

hmm... here's my problem... i am using a Yamaha AVR...

everyday i use speakers and at night i use headphones... but seems like there is no way i can leave the headphones plugged into the AVR and change the sound output to the speakers... thus i was told to get a headphone amp.

as i'm pretty much broke now... how much would the cheapest headphone amp cost? and where to get it?

Cheapest solution is to unplug the headphones when listening to speakers. wink.gif I think the cheapest commercially available headamp will be the PA2V2 which I think is around S$100+. You can search for it on the internet and order it on-line. Otherwise, make your own! It's fun.

Cheapest solution is to unplug the headphones when listening to speakers. wink.gif I think the cheapest commercially available headamp will be the PA2V2 which I think is around S$100+. You can search for it on the internet and order it on-line. Otherwise, make your own! It's fun.

well... i currenly unplug the headphones... but cos i do it on a daily basis... it wont be good for both my AVR and the headphone jack right? from past exp i spoilt my soundcard headphone jack that way... after a few mths no sound or only from 1 side...

i dont know how to make my own either lol

it looks like a big, somewhat empty box with a PCB (and stuff) inside... lighted up by a blue bulb... that's chio? rolleyes.gif

Well it certainly looks nice. But dunno how it sounds. I like the 3.5mm and 6.3mm outputs.