Sign in to follow this  
sjsheng

Westom UM 1 or Audio Technica ATH-CK7

Er, i just bought UM 1 on tuesday.

Why not making your trip down to stereo to try out this two ear phones.

i guess you may get your answer.

Regards

Err um1 how much?

still havent decide between the ck7 & um1.

if u like analytical sound, then CK7 is for u

if u prefer musicality and warmth, then UM1 is definitely the choice

i tested these 2 on Gd Friday, CK7 gives alot of details, gd for dance, techno, pop which electronic instrumentations play a greater roles in the music than vocals, the CK7 is a gd choice

the mids for CK7 is not too bad, it still reveals quite a far amount but it lacks warmth, full-bodied sound n richness as compared to UM1

in the analogy of speakers, CK7 is probably more forward sounding and hard-hitting, gives u a straight in the face feel...very direct and to the point

whereas, UM1 tends to caress every note it plays, such qualities are more pronounced when u listen to music that has a wide selection of instruments, be it pop/jazz/vocals/orchestra, the sound evolves from the UM1 provides a rounder sounding experience, i feel less "forced" upon by the sound, its more like being convinced n persuaded...the tonality of instrumentation is much accurate too, esp when u listen to instrumentation tat includes woodwind and as for vocals, there is more "air" and more real

if u r a bass-head, i would say CK7 will be a better choice as it reveals more n punch harder than UM1, but it does not mean UM1's bass is lousy, UM1's strength lies in delivering flat n rich sounding experience, the bass extension is sufficient to enjoy ur music as a whole but never intended to slam u w all lower sounding frequencies which bass-head can't live without

I personally prefer UM1 cos of the richness in the sound...

hope tis helps u in some ways

xllms

'

Edited by xllms

I have just turned my tri-flanges to bi-flanges by cutting away the smallest flanges as they are sticking too far into my ears.

Tried looking at the mirror and found the um1 sticking further out when compared to using the original soft foams.

I then cut away the stalk at the biggest flanges end.

It actualy sound much better then unmodded.

But not as comfortable as the original soft foams.

The original foams are really comfortable, just that they are a bit inconvinient, given the fact that you have to compress it before putting it into your ear and holding it for about 10 seconds to expand again. The sound isolation is great though, could feel my heart beating while wearing it.

The original foams are really comfortable, just that they are a bit inconvinient, given the fact that you have to compress it before putting it into your ear and holding it for about 10 seconds to expand again. The sound isolation is great though, could feel my heart beating while wearing it.

I combined foam with the Ety bi-flange (mod from tri-flange) to get easy to use/insert and yet have good fit and isolation. Maybe you can try it too.

heloo i'm a newbie here. I've been reading this thread and i'm a interseted in testing both. FYI I'm from Indonesia and wil visit Singapore.

hi watanabe,

both of these are available in Stereo Electronics at Woodlands Causeway Point (beside Woodland MRT station)...u might wanna drop aron (stereo electronics) a note if you visiting him

If you find the location too far away, perhaps u can check out with Jaben which is located at Adelphi (near City Hall MRT station)...they carry Westone UM1, as for Audio Technica CK7, am not too sure

xllms