Sign in to follow this  
afbug

Head-Fi National meet pics and impressions

Check out the pics! w00t.gif You will not see one like this for headphones in SG.

Impressions headphone.gif E500, HD650, HE90 and the lot! Whats that? RS-1i?

You will not see one like this for headphones in SG.

Sigh, like almost everything else in SG, our market too small for the manufacturers to show this kind of interest. Some more got people like me, rather DIY than buy... lol.gif

Sigh, like almost everything else in SG, our market too small for the manufacturers to show this kind of interest. Some more got people like me, rather DIY than buy... lol.gif

Can't be helped. Even our DIY is generally of a much lower standard than the guys on head-fi.

Can't be helped. Even our DIY is generally of a much lower standard than the guys on head-fi.

You can say that about my work but some of our members' work is world class. For example, bpribadi's builts were awesome. Even the headfi members said his work looks so professional, cannot call DIY. That's class.

Of course, if you mean design and development, then maybe but I really don't know enough to say.

Relax guys. Just enjoy the photos. Senn seem to be more interested in selling their portable headphones lol. Ety t shirt is quite nice.

You can say that about my work but some of our members' work is world class. For example, bpribadi's builts were awesome. Even the headfi members said his work looks so professional, cannot call DIY. That's class.

Of course, if you mean design and development, then maybe but I really don't know enough to say.

Maybe I should have elaborated on my statement. I said generally, not all. Yours and bpribadi's, as well as one or two others(like digi01) is pretty good. Firefox's work can also be put up there with the best on head-fi.

However, the overall difference in standard is very obvious when reading the head-fi diy forum and our local diy forum. I don't see how anyone can claim otherwise.

Edited by av98m

Maybe I should have elaborated on my statement. I said generally, not all. Yours and bpribadi's, as well as one or two others(like digi01) is pretty good. Firefox's work can also be put up there with the best on head-fi.

However, the overall difference in standard is very obvious when reading the head-fi diy forum and our local diy forum. I don't see how anyone can claim otherwise.

Peace, no offense to anyone. My work is ... yucky.gif but I was just pointing out that we do have some members with excellent work, as you have mentioned, digi01, bpribadi and others.

But generally I agree with your sentiments in the sense that in SG, due to our "working harder and harder to just maintain the standard of living" we can't devote as much passion or time as those in other countries.

Actually due to our small size, we got an advantage. We can audition headphones easily. headphone.gif Just drop by one of the audio shops and our small size means we dun need to travel far like other countries. And SG also got a lot of brands selling and avaliable for audition.

Not everyone live in major cities like NYC, London etc. Many live in small towns and cities and they dun get to audition many headphones.

For example:

Lets say you live in Perth and want to try some IEMs and they dun have IEMs for audition. How? Buy blindly or visit a bigger city in Aust.