Sign in to follow this  
Ahlek

Where should I go to custom making an IC?

From what I have read, seems like locally LHS is the obvious choice for custom making an IC for ipod>amp. Was wondering if there are other options.

As my work place is quite near Koba (people park), has anyone tried making an IC with them?

Do Koba make interconnect? FWIW, there's an outfit (www.ahfartaudio.com) near Koba that sells pure silver interconnect wires, maybe they will do one for you.

Do Koba make interconnect? FWIW, there's an outfit (www.ahfartaudio.com) near Koba that sells pure silver interconnect wires, maybe they will do one for you.

Sorry, my mistake. AhFartAudio sells pure copper interconnects. The silver wire is for diy use in amps and speakers.

Just came back from Koba with a custom IC using silver cable (1m cut into 3 and braided. $1.50/m) and gold colour 3.5mm plugs ($5 for a pair).

post-8-1146556139.jpg

Edited by Ahlek

Just came back from Koba with a custom IC using silver cable (1m cut into 3 and braided. $1.50/m) and gold colour 3.5mm plugs ($5 for a pair).

Is this good?

hows is the sound? gt L plug? how much u pay in total?

Just noticed the revival of this thread after 3 months.

I have moved beyond that IC and have since been DIYing my own using either SPC (Silver plated copper) cables or Canares Cable (L2TS2) and with Neutrik or Canares Plugs from LHS.

BTW, SPC (Silver plated copper) cable is used in the above IC.

u guys can get from Qsilver. he does d.i.y ipod dock out and its a great work :)

me myself got 1 from him and many members bought from him too.

Edited by ahdui