Sign in to follow this  
Ahlek

Sonic Impact T-AMP

Don't think you can get it here.. although I will be happy if someone proves me wrong...hehehe.. you might wann try ordering directly from Amazon if you have a vpostusa account..

got one from the MO in echo loft, driving a pair of DB101 right now, and occasionally K1000

its quite neutral (a little on the flat side, the sound isnt coloured) , bass performance not astounding, its there but the punch isnt really up to my expectations. but hell, this thing is only 50bucks and it kills my rotel integreated amp and some other vintage amps that i heard of.

So please tell us where you got it from papaya86?

i got it second hand from a fella on echoloft cause i didnt wanna wait 2 weeks for amazon to ship to me. it'll be about 70 bucks shipped from amazon. so if if anyone of u are reallllly keen, ill try to help.

but imo it can kill integrated amps in the 500 dollar range. but its definately no giant killer as reviewed that can slay amps in the thousands or even ten thousand range. thats just their attempt to hype things up i guess.

papaya86 ... I am keen and definitely would be interested in getting one locally if possible. How can I get it?

The search is over!

I finally decided on (and bought) the Dr Amp from Jaben. Won over by the built quality. And sound amazing with bookshelf speakers.

Have not tried with headphones yet ... need to custom a mini socket to 2 mono 1/4" plug cable for that .... next DIY project on my list smile.gif

well heady i got mine from a previous HWZ mass order at 50 odd a piece. bought 2 pieces, burnt one due to a lousy adapter.

very quick amplifier, delicate sounding, detailed, but a little edgy, i took it to max volume before on a pair of 83db efficiency speakers, and anything above 3/4 the sound becomes harsh and treble was a little brittle. Bass control and depth was unsatisfactory, of course i wouldnt expect 15 watts to fwap 12" drivers that well, at max vol my 12" barely vibrated. well if only it sounded a little more fluid, liquid like before i would consider it a good amp thrasher.

like i've mentioned in the loft, this amp shines when you run it at 13.8v and use it to drive either high efficiency avantgardes, or zuls, or like me, i've tested them from speakers ranging from 98 db/w 15 ohm to 15 ohm 83db combinations, 15 ohm 86db, 4 ohm 84db, 4 ohm 94 db, 8 ohm 90db amongst the various speakers i had at home, they sounded best on my axioms rated at 98db/w efficiency. at this efficiency, the synergy was acceptable , and the bass was deep (well i might not be fair in this judgement as my speakers are reflexing in a 200+ litre cabinet). terrible synergy and dynamic loss was experienced with poor sensitivity and high impedance. by the time i can afford a zul or an avantgarde i would probably be swimming in 300b tubes or 2a3 tubes already.. given that those speakers cost 10k+ and up.. much better amps could be had.. for that price and match

the power supply matters a lot, a better power supply for it would improve the sonics, sounds quieter.

but dont lose faith in a tiny little amp like this, pair it with a decent pair of bookshelfs and you are ready to thrash many computer speakers on the market.

Baby, can it drive normal 8 ohm speakers effciently? Most speakers are 8 ohms rite? I forgot liao.