Sign in to follow this  
primus

px200 vs ck7?

need some expert help from you guys here! i am looking for a headphone/in-ear that is very detailed and clarity is key. I listen to mostly orchestral and band music and I want something that has nice treble i.e. can hear the violins and cymbal crash are very detailed and crisp(sorry my audio vocab is not that 'powderful' biggrin.gif ). Preferably something that is portable.

Thanks in advance!!

Sorry for the error in previous post. Topic should be ck7 and not 5. biggrin.gif

Edited by primus

I ain't no expert but I have both and the PX200 is not what you are looking for. It is smooth and dark but detail and clarity is not its strong points. You will want to try the CK7.

Actually I am wrong to say the above. It all depends on what you are using for the rest of the audio chain. With what I have, Panasonic CT710 CDP/Pimeta or PINT, the CK7 is sparkling and depending on the recording, may be a little too bright sometimes but this is usually the fault of the sound engineer of the recording.

Otherwise, the CK7 is a very good all rounder.

Now, with your equipment, I am not sure, so you should try it out yourself. I believe Stereo Electronics have the CK5 on demo. Bring your portable gear down and try it there.

EDIT - aiyah, I got mixed up. Asking about CK5 and I am talking about CK7. I must be the male version of Liang Po Po. lol.gif Get the CK7 lah!

Edited by heady

CK5 is a hazard I'd say, bass is thin like no one's business, and if this comes from me (the neutered bass loving guy), you'll know how the bass will be like O_O

need some expert help from you guys here! i am looking for a headphone/in-ear that is very detailed and clarity is key. I listen to mostly orchestral and band music and I want something that has nice treble i.e. can hear the violins and cymbal crash are very detailed and crisp(sorry my audio vocab is not that 'powderful' biggrin.gif ). Preferably something that is portable.

Thanks in advance!!

But your words quite powerful. tongue.gif Detailed and clarity = Etymotic Research. Take your pick out of any of the 3 models.

i think in mentioning px200 and ck5, OP has indicated a certain budget range, probably under $100. $200+ IEMs may not be what he's looking for...

being a cheapo, i'm usually more interested in value. so... for $100 or less, what is the most detailed and clearest headphone (of any type) that you can recommend?

thx smile.gif

Below $100 is neither here nor there cos the best there is; Creative EP630 and Cresyn LMX-E630 are both below $50. $50-$100 i think only EX71/81.

$100 to $160 you can get a CK7 and maybe a EX90 or HJE70. $160-$200 can get you a ER6i which should be the one to go for if you're looking for clarity and details. smoke.gif

If you buy online, $150 should be able to get you a ER6i. Depends on exchange rate, can be cheaper or more.

Edited by afbug

But for $50-100 region... Few are in that price range other than the necklace EP635, and its hard to actually want to recommend the Sony MDR-EX series.

Not sure about EX90 tho.

heyya. sorry. thanks for all the advice. i'm talking about ck7. guess i was too tired when i posted this thread. haha. anyway, i've tried the px200, it really sounded quite dark and less bright. guess i will have to audition the ck7. what about senn cx300? i'm currently using creative zen. I also have a sony D-EJ985 discman. my budget is below 150

Edited by primus

Try the iM716: detail and clarity are supposed to be it's forte, according to the land where people welcome you by saying "Sorry about your wallet". Problem is finding it in Singapore. Stereo Electronics doesn't carry it.