Sign in to follow this  
heady

Buy DT990 from Bangkok?

Reporting from Bangkok--- no luck. The agent changed his quote from 8800baht which he now said applies to the DT990Pro. It's 11,000baht for the new DT990. That is very slightly more expensive than Uncle Wilson's price. Soo.... if you are thinking of getting one, get it from Uncle Wilson.

Good thing I am too busy to feel sad about this. :)

Edited by heady

As a general rule, I'd say support the local audio industry. Its already a very "exclusive" club with few members. Without our support, we might lose what we have here which is much better than many other countries. Saving a couple of bucks this way isn't really worth it IMO.

Well to be fair to heady, the price difference is not miniscule but around S$91 (S$367 vs S$458). However, the risk is on warranty as driver casule of a Beyer can costs between S$50/60 and upwards.

Edited by Mackie

Well to be fair to heady, the price difference is not miniscule but around S$91 in price difference (S$367 vs S$458). However, the risk is on warranty as driver casule of a Beyer can costs between S$50/60 and upwards.

Thanks Mackie. No problem here. If I can save substantial amount, why not? Even "uncle Wilson" said to go for it, if the price is real. Of course he knew it was too good to be true. :D

Still in Bangkok. OT - if the Thais get better in English, Singapore watch out. The people are younger here, intelligent and hard-working. Where in Singapore do you see street hawkers clean-up all the garbage around their stalls after they finish for the day? I am staying in a backstreet with street hawkers and in the day time, it is clean.

Wow, sure became like SG in a real short time. Got skytrain, got MRT. Easy to get around.

Still in Bangkok. OT - if the Thais get better in English, Singapore watch out. The people are younger here, intelligent and hard-working. Where in Singapore do you see street hawkers clean-up all the garbage around their stalls after they finish for the day? I am staying in a backstreet with street hawkers and in the day time, it is clean.

Wow, sure became like SG in a real short time. Got skytrain, got MRT. Easy to get around.

You are right, my thai friend already speaking good english but they are in the Uni level. But those working in the service industry also very good. They are really speeding very fast. Talking about their MRT, too bad their passenger rate per day is not as much as ours and number of cabins also lesser.

You are right, my thai friend already speaking good english but they are in the Uni level. But those working in the service industry also very good. They are really speeding very fast. Talking about their MRT, too bad their passenger rate per day is not as much as ours and number of cabins also lesser.

Yes the number of cabins less but train just as crowded as in SG. When I was last there 7 years ago, the trains was deserted. Too expensive for most people. Nowadays, the skytrain is still expensive but is faster than taxis due to the traffic jams. That's my experience anyway.