Sign in to follow this  
heady

Buy DT990 from Bangkok?

Hi, has anyone take action from the tip given by tinkhing for buying DT990 fromBangkok at super duper price of US$175? Am travelling to BKK and just wondering if I should bite or not.

Heady, you should bite and in the event if it doesn't work out, I'm sure there will be interest here. When will you be there?

Next week, for work. But I am sure can find a little time to go shopping. tongue.gif

where? just back from BKK no.gif

Aiyah, just realised my mistake. Posted this thread in the wrong forum, should be home equipment and not portable. Who is going to wear a DT990 on the streets?

Anyway Moses, the thread re: the DT990 in BKK is here:

http://www.sgheadphones.net/index.php?showtopic=4810

Who is going to wear a DT990 on the streets?

Well, I wear DT770pro Mon-Fri and only occasionally, SR80 and ear clips/ear buds. tongue.gif

Who is going to wear a DT990 on the streets?

Well, I wear DT770pro Mon-Fri and only occasionally, SR80 and ear clips/ear buds. tongue.gif

This is all I can say to you, mackie! party.gifparty.gifparty.gif I know this mean party but the animation looks more like a salute and that's what I mean. I salute you, man.

Aww.....thanks for the compliment but I really don't care if it's cool or uncool. Just wanna slip into another realm while commuting to work. headphone.gif

Hi, has anyone take action from the tip given by tinkhing for buying DT990 fromBangkok at super duper price of US$175? Am travelling to BKK and just wondering if I should bite or not.

Hey Heady !

Are u talking about the New DT990 at that price?!?

Hey Heady ! 

Are u talking about the New DT990 at that price?!?

Yes, if you read one of the thread reviewing the DT990, tinykhing from Bangkok said he bought his DT990 (2006 version) for US$175. When I am there next week, I will try to confirm if it is true.

My friend in Bangkok called the distributor and he quoted her 8800Baht which is S$367 inc VAT and still negotiable. However I also heard from a few sources in SG that the price quoted is not possible.

So, I will keep you guys informed.

Edited by heady

Any retailers there which do international shipping which we could order from?

I have no idea, sorry. All the info I have is what you can read from the thread in sgheadphones. Friends in the industry said to me that the price is not realistic. When I am there later this week, I will find out the price and keep you all informed. But if you pay for shipping etc, I don't know if there is any price advantage then. Don't forget you also need to pay GST on arrival by shipping.

BTW - I forgot to add that uncle Wilson (sorry Wilson) from Jaben has a great price for the DT990 if you prefer to get it in SG.

Uncle heady. biggrin.gif