yongchris

Sony MDR-ex90SL

gotten my ex90sl today.

ordered 2 sets, one for me & another for my friend.

i really like the fit and sound compared to the old 71s.

happy owner here :)

my editor's in Japan for the sony dslr launch and he got to listen to these.

He says they sound pretty good, better and cheaper than the aurvanas..

interesting.

Sony mdr-ex90sl

I'd only go for Aurvanas if they were priced at $50..

I'd only go for Aurvanas if they were priced at $50..

waa dug up a 2yr old thread hehe...

anyway by now ex90 aredy available from stereo. bought mine month+ ago. i think i should be one of the very few users here ba... most pple should be with the trend using those UMs, Super FIs etc. i for one thought that the UM1 sounded quite sucky... :grin:

Mine sounds quite thin on iPod Touch and only slightly better on Classic. I've ordered a Pico with DAC and will give an update if it sounds any better.

Mine sounds quite thin on iPod Touch and only slightly better on Classic. I've ordered a Pico with DAC and will give an update if it sounds any better.

have your tried a bigger rubber bud? using the wrong size bud can mean totally bass-less vs sweeeeet.

I've yet to try anything beyond those attached after a year. It's an impulse purchase as I really like the aesthetics. I don't own any MP3 nor portable amps, so only use it to play piped music on flight w adpator; more to block out noise.

I'll try your suggestion when the Pico arrive.

it's been awhile since i bought the ex90 but it's still improving. past 2 weeks felt the bass to be opening up. sweet sweet bass... beautiful...

when first bought, i was still listening alongside the cx300, each good in its area (means the pricier ex90 doesn't seem to be too fantastic over the cx300). but now, i dun even feel like listening to the cx300 anymore. the gap has widened. the sound reproduction from the sony is so smooth and neutral (to the warmer side) that i just wouldn't get tired listening to it. pairing with the sony 616 player. classic sony sound signature? luv it...

Edited by samuel