Sign in to follow this  
afbug

The rechargeable batteries and charger thread!

Does charger matter ?

I am using GP charger & batteries. Will I get the performance of the other brands of rechargable batteries by using my GP charger to charge.

Is it o.k to mix different brands of rechargable batteries together in one use ?

Is it true that the higher the AH of the rechargable battery, the longer is the usage ?

Thanks in advance.

There are many type of chargers around.. those cheaper one are time based.. like when you bought they are bundled with example 2100mAH batt and they are timed to stop charged when they are full.. however if you insert higher cap batt they will not be fully charged.. There are some with 2 X 2 charging channels so when you insert 2 X 2100maf batteries in , one has 0% charge another has 40% charge, when the 40% charge one is fully charge the 0% is not fully charge but the charger has already stop the charging.. thuse you get one fully charge and one not fully charged one...

Most important is to find a charger that have individual charging circuit to prevent above problem. Find one that is not timed based but has micro processor to determine the cap and fully charge it... find one that has tickle charge function so that after fully charge the charger still introduce minimium charge at the batt to keep it in tip top charge.. ALso find one with discharge function.. cause if you discharge the batt fully before charge can prolong its life.. however this function not really important as most rechargable is pretty cheap and the life of batt w/o discharge and w discharge is not really that great apart.

Also if you need a fast or rapid charger like below 1 hr for AA or 2hr for 9V best is get one that has temperature control or has inbuilt fans.. high temperature will shorten the batt life..

Hi NT

when will stocks arrive for the $25 9V charger that you bought. I will have to return my bro his charger eventually.

susposed to come today.. pls check yr pm :grin:

i would recommend to buy Sanyo..

b'cos it is tested by some ppl that it is the most stable in the current, therefore battery life longer..

second in rank is GP, third is SONY...

;)

i would recommend to buy Sanyo..

b'cos it is tested by some ppl that it is the most stable in the current, therefore battery life longer..

second in rank is GP, third is SONY...

;)

sure boh... for yr info sony is OEM from sanyo.... And i can tell you right now POWEREX is better then sanyo liaoz

Can we get Maha 9V 300mAh Rechargeable Battery & ACCUPOWER 9V 270 mAh NiMH Rechargeable Battery at local ?? If not I'm planning to get from Thomas Distributing via VpostUS to S'pore.

http://www.thomas-distributing.com/maha-9v...tery-300mAh.php

http://www.thomas-distributing.com/ap-200-1.htm

I also interested if you ordering. :)) BTW, this is not true 9.6V right? It didn't state on the site.

Edited by afbug

Unable to ship battery via vpostusa to S'pore.I might get from Thomas-distributing directly :bash:

And the shipping charge is not cheap :cry:

Can we get Maha 9V 300mAh Rechargeable Battery & ACCUPOWER 9V 270 mAh NiMH Rechargeable Battery at local ?? If not I'm planning to get from Thomas Distributing via VpostUS to S'pore.

http://www.thomas-distributing.com/maha-9v...tery-300mAh.php

http://www.thomas-distributing.com/ap-200-1.htm

Unable to ship battery via vpostusa to S'pore.I might get from Thomas-distributing directly :bash:

And the shipping charge is not cheap :cry:

Their shipping is ex! :shocking:

a good source for cheap sanyos, is ALAN PHOTO in SLS...back when 2XAAA was going for $11+elsewhere, I got each at $4...should still be this price now bah...

if given a choice now, I have been told MAHA batteries hold their charge longer...

Should let me know earlier. I got it at the basement of SLT as recommended by the shop owner. Get to know this shop through my friend. These are the new model as wat I was told. Get 2 to try out first before getting more for my SMIV ( still waiting ). I think I can trust Sanyo as it made in Japan.

MAHA is better than Sanyo ? Let me check out.