Sign in to follow this  
kehyi

Anyone want an Apple?

In case any1 is interested, Apple has recently lowered prices in Singapore:

iPod shuffle 512MB - $118 (old price $128)

iPod shuffle 1GB - $168 (old price $178)

iPod nano 1GB - $248 (old price $268)

iPod nano 2GB - $348 (no change)

iPod nano 4GB - $428 (old price $438)

iPod video 30GB - $518 (old price $548)

iPod video 60GB - $688 (old price $728)

+ computers also...

Also...

AppleStore now has a rebate scheme for buying a comp with an iPod:

Buy an iMac, MacBook, MacBook Pro or PowerMac and get the following rebate for iPod

$312 rebate:

2GB iPod nano

4GB iPod nano

30GB iPod

60GB iPod

30GB iPod U2

$222

1GB iPod nano

$150

1GB iPod shuffle

$112

512MB iPod shuffle

The catch: You've got to qualify for Education Discount, ie teacher, student etc.

ah... i'm so tempted... ;)

Edited by kehyi

shhh dont say you heard this from me hor...but apple doesnt always ask you for verification for the edu advantage eligibility. but if they, you'll have to fax them some sort of proof.

anyway, maybe you have cousins, errr or nieces or nephews who are thinking of switching? time to nudge them over then.

eh... i have my connections :)

seriously, it's not hard to get hold of a teacher or student friend... no? :yes:

I recall the prices being slightly lower than that at the Apple Center at Wheelock. The iPod Video 30GB is $499 during the sale, I don't remember the rest.

I can't say I've tried a lot of ipods but comparing my shuffle with my friend's nano, the shuffle sounded better out of its headphone socket. However, the shuffle does not have line out.

Edited by Mackie

I can't say I've tried a lot of ipods but comparing my shuffle with my friend's nano, the shuffle sounded better out of its headphone socket. However, the shuffle does not have line out.

pardon my noob-ness, but line-out is used for what wan?

Amping... Otherwise...

*idea*

I know! Go find any portable player that has a lineout, plug your earphones into your ears first and THEN plug the earphone jack into the lineout port *snigger snigger evil grin*

Amping... Otherwise...

*idea*

I know! Go find any portable player that has a lineout, plug your earphones into your ears first and THEN plug the earphone jack into the lineout port *snigger snigger evil grin*

you ARE TRYING to break that guy's earphones right?

OT here:

mm actually i am afraid of the line driver ic inside the player itself, especially for portable players, if you do that.

most of the line output is rated for 10k ohm load, i'm afraid 16 ohm of the earphones is just too big a load for the chip

and i don't think it will do any harm to your ear, the volume will be quite low (especially for 16 ohm earphones)