Sign in to follow this  
NOback

AHH Which In-earphones to get ??

Currently i have a Panasonic RP-HJE50(Black) which i brought it Last yr. I love the bass but it don seems very comfortable for me. So i am looking for a upgrade <_< . Price below S$200 I prefer those tight bass types <_<

i have both HJE50 & UM1...HJE50 has more impact on its bass, but UM1 is tighter...trebles on HJE50 is more upfront but harsh n the UM1's treble is abit recessed...the mids thumps the HJE50, with its smooth delivery and more live-like performance, it makes HJE50 sounds dull and un-involving, esp on the vocals...when i switched from UM1 back to HJE50 for a week, i hated the HJE50 to be honest

xllms

Guest joi-ful

^^ I agree

I find UM1 to be a really fun sounding musical phone. Very nice to listen to. Definitely a big jump from the HJE-50.

Currently i have a Panasonic RP-HJE50(Black) which i brought it Last yr. I love the bass but it don seems very comfortable for me. So i am looking for a upgrade <_< . Price below S$200 I prefer those tight bass types <_<

i have both HJE50 & UM1...HJE50 has more impact on its bass, but UM1 is tighter...trebles on HJE50 is more upfront but harsh n the UM1's treble is abit recessed...the mids thumps the HJE50, with its smooth delivery and more live-like performance, it makes HJE50 sounds dull and un-involving, esp on the vocals...when i switched from UM1 back to HJE50 for a week, i hated the HJE50 to be honest

xllms

:D trying to downgrade huh? haha... i cant find a gd reason for me to use all my canal fones... hee...

Got the UM2 from Jaben...excellent place to buy...take ur time to test...

Actually tested UM1 / UM2 and the Ety6i... Like the Ety sound but it just lack details in the sound compared to the UM2 so no choice keke... But if u like a cleaner, clearer n brighter sound get the Ety ... Bass is the UM1 :)

Got chance test out the cans in Jaben... they will blow u away keke.... had the chance to test the MS Pro

ooo How about Shure e2c and westone um1 is the two of them comparable?XP

I find that the UM1 wins the shure e2c hands down due to the tighter bass and more detail. Shure e2c bass is realli kinda muddy. Too muddy for my liking.

xllms

:D trying to downgrade huh? haha... i cant find a gd reason for me to use all my canal fones... hee...

not downgrade la...gave my um1 to my gf to use, hence only left w hje50 while waiting for my er4p...now tat i have er4p, i still prefers the um1 while am on the go...less microphonics, more involving sound, more comfort, tho less details across the spectrum except the mids...was so tempted to buy a second-hand um1 while waiting for my er4p...guess i will now swap the um1 w the er4p w my gf

Not to hijack, though still on same topic.. please help in affirming my questions if i should go ahead with e UM1 purchase.. I'm currently using a Shure E2C, it has recently "broken down" and i'm trying to give myself a excuse to change! :D

some of my queries, i understand that comparing the UM1 to the E2C, the UM1 wins hands down? But am just concerned about the bass? I'm not a very audio-technical person, but at first when i got my E2C, i really felt i've lost my bass (i guessed as compared to my Sony EX series i used prior to my E2c). Just concerned if further bass would be lost?

Pls be gentle with the technical terms? I can get quite lost and :rclxub: over em.

Appreciate all the feedbacks!!

btw, from much reading and browsing here, i find ppl in this forum are all so warm and cool! :thumbup:

Not to hijack, though still on same topic.. please help in affirming my questions if i should go ahead with e UM1 purchase.. I'm currently using a Shure E2C, it has recently "broken down" and i'm trying to give myself a excuse to change! :D

some of my queries, i understand that comparing the UM1 to the E2C, the UM1 wins hands down? But am just concerned about the bass? I'm not a very audio-technical person, but at first when i got my E2C, i really felt i've lost my bass (i guessed as compared to my Sony EX series i used prior to my E2c). Just concerned if further bass would be lost?

Pls be gentle with the technical terms? I can get quite lost and :rclxub: over em.

Appreciate all the feedbacks!!

btw, from much reading and browsing here, i find ppl in this forum are all so warm and cool! :thumbup:

if you find E2 not enuff bass, um1 think won't suits you. try sf3, um2, sf5eb...

if you find E2 not enuff bass, um1 think won't suits you. try sf3, um2, sf5eb...

which would be nearer the price for the UM1 or the E2c? budget is below 200.. tho' have to say after burn in for my E2c, i've goton used to the level of bass it produced.. guessed the proper seal is important too?

get im 716.. a lot of good comments.. :) i guess theory would support my idea if u getting an iem under $0.2k.

Btw, sf5eb is not for normal ears.. it is meant for pure "bass"phile..

Edited by Exloser

get im 716.. a lot of good comments.. :) i guess theory would support my idea if u getting an iem under $0.2k.

Btw, sf5eb is not for normal ears.. it is meant for pure "bass"phile..

not really... i find the bass not as heavy as um2. i have 1 5eb at home now...

im716 is hard or pain for ppl to get the seal and a little harder to drive. other than that coming from e2, 1 may find it a recess in mid, lack of warm... but more detail and better treble...

<$200 price range for warm sound, sf3 is the one...

not really... i find the bass not as heavy as um2. i have 1 5eb at home now...

im716 is hard or pain for ppl to get the seal and a little harder to drive. other than that coming from e2, 1 may find it a recess in mid, lack of warm... but more detail and better treble...

<$200 price range for warm sound, sf3 is the one...

I feel E2 after the mod got alot more treble and details. :))

I feel E2 after the mod got alot more treble and details. :))

would it be harder to sell if u mod it?

Sf3 has good sound but poor isolation.. that is why im selling it away to my friend.. he can get good isolation, i cant.. biased superfi.. -_-

Edited by Exloser

would it be harder to sell if u mod it?

Sf3 has good sound but poor isolation.. that is why im selling it away to my friend.. he can get good isolation, i cant.. biased superfi.. -_-

I am not sure. But can just glue back the washer to make it look like original. :))