N@Z

RCA to mini Plug

How do you find out which socket is for which channel on the RCA to mini plug? I notice that none of the plugs sold here have any colour coding or indication on the RCA input sockets to differentiate the channels. huh.gif

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/naz7577/vwp?.di...view=t&.hires=t

Edited by N@Z

sorry to say N@Z, but once again, thats a dead link sleep.gif

but to answer your question, you could use a multimeter and test each part of the mini plug,

but come on, why waste time, plug it in, listen to a track with left-right channel testing, and switch it around if its wrong! cool.gif

Updated the picture link.

To quote a song: "I'mmmmmm wicked & I'm layyyyyzeeeeee"

In my defence the DNM Reson I/C with the Bullet plugs are a pain to get on & off due to it's high clamping force.

Why do I feel like I just earned an "F" here? blush.gif

try and DIY your own interconnect N@Z, everything you read up to learn to do it will help you understand everything else clearer. at least it did for me blush.gif

and its definitely not up to the level of building an amp, but its a good start to starting on the DIY path! I've had fun soldering a few..made my own RCA pair, then went on to make an RCA-->1/4" TRS i/c, and I just finished a RCA-2x1/4" TS i/c in preparation for my new source biggrin.gif