Sign in to follow this  
xenocide

IEM Headache

The super fi. may be what you want, especially for bass heavy tunes (super fi 5EB [extended bass]), but note that the price difference is rather great.

yah i know. dats why i'm giving the 5EB a skip..

to much of a damage for a beginner...

will go for the UM1 and probably see how it goes...

Just beware of the so-called upgradisitis.

If you go lower end at the start, you may end up craving for better sound.

Meaning maybe more money.

Really depends on personal discipline and choice.

Guest joi-ful

I believe that dreadful disease will definitely strike us at more than one point in our time in this hobby. It's better to start slow and slowly progress, jumping from iBuds to high-end equipment like the Westone ES1 (okok, kinda exaggerating in his case) may be an overkill.

Afterall, I find slowly trying and upgrading to be an enjoyable process as well, although ur wallet will be significantly lighter than before. lol. If you have no intention of being hated to the core by your poor wallet, I suggest one to just get the UM1 and forget that this forum even existed. =P

The road to a $10k audio set-up starts from a pair of FREE stock buds... You never know what you getting yourself into.

^ couldn't put it better myself.

Though the UE10 would be preferable to the ES1. :P

It'll slowly turn your attention to the STAX and HE range of Sennheisers soon, though it seems like a distant dream.

Just like to Reach the Unreachable Star. ;)

Get a UM1 that should b enuff if u wan bass... or try the Ety 6i for clearer n cleaner sound. Some ppl say UM series is muddier but it just depends on ur own taste n setup... :)

hmm... when u say muddier, wat do u mean?

take for example songs from Modern Talking...

this is the kind of bass i wan to feel

also those hip hop rap songs from Eminem, 50cents, T.I. etc...

UM1 good enuff?? i have these songs on my player already

ready to test them tmr!! hiak hiak

Guest joi-ful

Muddy is the opposite of transparent/clear.

On the same piece of track, a phone which is muddier gives poorer instrumental separation and things seemed to get lumped together. Just my 0.02c.

IMHO, I find the UM1 fine for my everyday portable listening, no problems with clarity issues... that is, until u compare it with the Grado SR60. =(

Muddy is the opposite of transparent/clear.

On the same piece of track, a phone which is muddier gives poorer instrumental separation and things seemed to get lumped together. Just my 0.02c.

IMHO, I find the UM1 fine for my everyday portable listening, no problems with clarity issues... that is, until u compare it with the Grado SR60. =(

SR60 is open cans mah, hard to compare wan lah. You must compare to MS1 mah :P

someone offered me the Creative Aurvana at $149

i duno shld i buy it or top up probably $30 to buy the UM1

i read a few reviews here abt the Aurvana... seems like cannot compare to UM1

and i missed the Jabens $199 offer + free amp

:( :(

Why dun u go audition the Creative Aurvana and the UM1 and let your ears decide?

What i would personally do is juz top-up the extra $30 and dun have to regret...

I got the Shure E2G previously cause it was cheaper than the UM1. Ended up had to sell off the E2G (troublesome) and pay more to get the UM1 cause the UM1 sounded much better than the E2G.

Guest joi-ful

IMHO the UM1 trashes the aurvana in almost every aspect (except comfort, but hey the UM1 is still v comfy!) The extra $20 is definitely justified. (UM1 is $170 at SE)

Anyway, the UM1 is much cooler as well, really unique design. I like it when my friends say I look like I'm wearing hearing aids with the UM1 on. Okok, maybe I'm just weird.

hearing aid? ahaha~ is it becos the cables go behind the ears that's giving it the look?

i hope Jaben still have the $199 promotion. i can oni head down on wed :(