Sign in to follow this  
n0d3

XLO CD

Anybody knows if any shop still carries it? Last I heard it was kinda sold out at a number of places.

Gramaphone at Raffles places and City hall(nxt to capitol). Should be around $36++.

Yes, I concur with Charismatic. I saw 2 pieces of the disc on the upper shelf of Classical/SACD/Audiophile section at Raffles Place Gramophone. Grab it quick, this disc is very helpful to speakers setup aside from degaussing and burning of system.

Edited by Mackie

Yes, I concur with Charismatic. I saw 2 pieces of the disc on the upper shelf of Classical/SACD/Audiophile section at Raffles Place Gramophone. Grab it quick, this disc is very helpful to speakers setup aside from degaussing and burning of system.

Looks like someone beat me to it. Will be going down to Taka to check it out.

Sorry if a bit OT. How can a CD do degaussing?

The XLO disc actually offers a track which demagnetizes all conductor path using a sweep tone. The other disc I have, which is a Sheffield Labs System Conditioning and Degaussing CD carries MDMS (Magnetic Domain Matrix Signals). It contains a series of tracks of different frequencies played at short and sharp spikes to degauss the entire system. However, caution is advised when using this cd and from personal experience, I think it's not feasible for headphones as the tone spikes could damage the drivers.

http://music.idealo.com/prices/P20000012207K1.html