Sign in to follow this  
palestofwhite

KSC75

Just bought the KSC75 for home use. It sounds not bad at all out of the box. Do i need to burn them in for it's most potential sounding? If so, for how long should it take?

Edited by palestofwhite

About 50 hrs should be fine. The ear clips are bendable. So adjust them to fit your ear securely.

Some pics! Newly done. I missed out on the MO, so vent my fustrations on my current pair. :P

My version of KSC75. Paint still wet.

IPB Image

Inspired by ER4! Blue for left and red for right and the black transducer of the ER4.

IPB Image

Edited by afbug

Dude... i didnt know those clips are removable? I was quite dissapointed about missing out on the MO too. Thus, i decided to spend more when i chanced upon them today when i was shopping for an ipod charger. At least for now while i still can afford to. I have to agree they look ugly. But sounds good.

Am i the only one who thinks they look good as is...? hmm...

Dude... i didnt know those clips are removable? I was quite dissapointed about missing out on the MO too. Thus, i decided to spend more when i chanced upon them today when i was shopping for an ipod charger. At least for now while i still can afford to. I have to agree they look ugly. But sounds good.

Yes the clips can be removed. Can swap with other Koss headphones like Porta/Sporta Pro too. In fact, I got another pair of 75s on a Sporta Pro headband and the Sporta Pro drivers on 75's clips.

Hahaha the mod looks nice but I will not wear outside too but not that its ugly but the open design means I must crank up the volume much higher.

I think he used permanent marker. Cause i can tell there are actually visible pen strokes. Okay, maybe brush strokes with acrylic paint.

Edited by palestofwhite

' date='10 Jul 2006, 05:42 PM' post='68763']

What kind of spray did u used afbug (sorry for OT but i can't resist myself) ?

Normal tamiya spray? Did u apply a layer of gloss or clear paint over that?

You think too highly of me :lol: I lazy, just use a permanent marker to paint them. The tamiya spray will get into the holes. Have to use a brush and paint it.

Ya u r rite afbug, open design really need to turn up very high volumn when outside, i find sometimes it will disturb ppl around us, so i never wear open design outside b4, enjoy it at home :P

I found the sporta pro retailing at about $69. But it looks just like the KSC75 only with an additional headband?

They sound very similar but there are differences. The headband alone will affect the sound as there're more clamping force on your ears/head. Try using your hands and push your KSC75 a little harder/closer to your ears. You'll be able to tell the difference.

The drivers are different too. KSC75's are coated with titanium and sound brighter. Sporta Pros are darker.

For a little more in-depth review, read here.

Edited by afbug

Get a pair of sportapro and possible a pair of the ear hooks.. hook the sportapro drivers to the hooks.. there you got yrself the legendary KSC35 and a pair of sportapro

I found the sporta pro retailing at about $69. But it looks just like the KSC75 only with an additional headband?

The drivers are different too. KSC75's are coated with titanium and sound brighter. Sporta Pros are darker.

On the contrary, I don't think the KSC75 is brighter than KSC35 or Sporta Pros but this perception may arise because of greater treble extension. In fact, the latter has a more forward sound and slightly greater bass slam relative over the KSC75.